Head of Sustainability
Reporting to the Head of Research, The Head of Sustainability leads Morningstar’s Sustainability effort, with a special emphasis on creating data, research, and analytics that help investors meet their ESG goals. The Sustainability leader serves in a strategic business development capacity, leading GTM strategy and execution across the different research teams. This leader also works with Sales, Marketing, and Product to set priorities for addressing investor needs and executing against the strategy.
• Create the vision, strategy, and execution roadmap that strengthens Morningstar’s position as a global, leading provider of ESG data, research, and solutions.
• Lead a cross-functional core ESG team that builds ESG capabilities, creates research and thought leadership, ESG datasets and manages projects that integrate ESG capabilities across Morningstar platforms and solutions.
• Represent and advocate Morningstar’s Sustainability program internally and externally—through public-speaking engagements, for example.
• Work across research entities and other Morningstar departments to actively enable spreading Morningstar’s ESG IP and capabilities across Morningstar products, such as Morningstar.com, Morningstar Direct, Datafeeds, Tools, Indexes, Credit Ratings, and Workplace.
• Maximize collaboration and synergies with Sustainalytics, the partner company that provides underlying company-level ESG analysis, in terms of research, product development, and sales. Enhance sourcing of ESG data and services and work on external partnerships.
• Closely work with the Sales and Marketing organization to drive sales results that are realized directly and indirectly through ESG capabilities and products.
• Oversee business planning, analysis, and reporting on ESG goals, milestones, and KPIs.
• Help drive the market adoption and impact of Morningstar’s ESG capabilities and the market impact of our content and thought leadership.
• Experienced leader with an entrepreneurial mindset
• Investor-centric with a strong investor engagement and service mentality
• Strategic and analytical thinker
• Natural collaborator
• Competitive, high performance leader
• Strong oral and written presentation skills
• Comfortable with frequent public speaking and presentations
• Passionate about ESG and helping investors achieve their goals
• Subject matter expert with deep expertise over all aspects of sustainability and the needs of individual investors, investment advisors, and asset managers.
• Strong network and extensive relationships in Sustainability.
• Understanding of software and data delivery technology and the ability to effectively and credibly communicate technology related topics to clients.
• Bachelor’s degree; MBA, CFA, or other advanced degree/accreditation is strongly preferred.
Job requires +20% Travel. Position could be based at any of Morningstar’s larger global offices.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.