Global Customs Associate
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $300M from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & Wells Fargo.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
Revenue is growing at breakneck speed and Flexport is looking for experienced, driven customs entry writers to join our team here in Chicago, IL. This is a great position for hard-working, detail-oriented professionals looking to develop their career in the international trade industry. You'll be working alongside and learning from some of the smartest people in the logistics industry as we challenge the status quo and reduce the friction in global trade.
What you'll do:
- Make US Customs entries under US Customs law for high profile clients
- Digitally prepare and file all documentation required for goods to clear US customs
- Maintain up to date knowledge of all regulations and procedures of the US Customs, FDA, USDA and Other Government Agencies (OGA)
- Review and organize incoming documents to ensure compliance with US Customs and OGA reporting requirements
- Provide necessary documents to other government agencies, including but not limited to FDA, FCC and USDA
What you'll need:
- BA/BS degree preferred
- Familiarity with U.S. Customs product classification and rulings
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Next-level logistical problem-solving skills
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed.
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
- A mastery of email communication. You keep the inbox at zero.
- High level of computer literacy. No paper. All digital.
- Experience working with a customs brokerage or freight forwarder
- Experience as a Customs Entry Writer
Where you'll work:
We’re new to Chicago and looking for lifelong learners who want to be a part of a founding team. Come help us build the culture at Flexport!
Investing your time with Flexport means having an immediate impact, all over the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.