Global Compensation Leader
The Position: At Morningstar we believe that our employees are essential to our success, and our compensation programs play a critical role in attracting and retaining talent. For this role, we need someone who can manage our compensation program and practices, with a team to support global execution. We are looking for a creative, inspiring leader who can bring new ideas to challenge our thinking and support new business needs. Compensation costs represent Morningstar’s largest expense, so this position requires a seasoned, influential leader who possesses deep analytical skills and financial savvy. Reporting to the Head of Total Rewards, this position is based in our Chicago office.
- Serve as the primary point of contact and influence for compensation management. Meet proactively with senior leaders and managers to communicate our compensation philosophy and understand compensation program opportunities.
- Direct the research and analysis of compensation practices globally. Maintain a network of contacts and vendors to gather market intelligence.
- Proactively benchmark compensation internally and in the external market. Recommend changes to total compensation structures as needed.
- Lead the annual compensation review processes, from advising on program strategy to training managers to reviewing recommendations.
- Design and conduct and/or facilitate training managers and HR professionals on key compensation issues, concepts, or processes.
- Work with the talent acquisition team to ensure internal and external candidates receive appropriate compensation offers consistent with our rewards philosophy.
- Craft leadership compensation strategies for review with the Board of Directors; own the creation of materials for the Compensation Committee.
- Provide subject matter expertise to the sales compensation design process, working closely with partners in sales management, sales operations, and finance.
- Lead our global equity program, from program design to compliance to grant/vest execution.
- At least 10 years compensation experience within a commercial organisation
- Significant experience with executive compensation, sales compensation, broad-based compensation, and equity program administration
- Multinational compensation experience is essential.
- Previous management consulting experience and corporate experience within a publicly traded company is a plus
- Successful record of managing multiple projects concurrently.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills with the ability to strategically solve problems.
- High level of IT literacy with advanced Excel skills.
- Proficiency in using HR Information Systems (Workday) would be an advantage.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) strongly preferred
- University degree or its equivalent.
- Willingness and ability to travel periodically
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.