General Manager, Mining
What We Do
We are building the predictive analytics platform to make the world more productive, reliable, safe and secure. We take data from an expanding range of industries and combine our strengths in data science and software development to deliver solutions with actionable insights to companies worldwide. This creates quantifiable efficiencies for businesses, and dynamic challenges for us.
What You'll Do:
In this leadership client-facing role, you will be responsible for managing and developing the mining business and would be responsible for mining P&L for Uptake. You will deliver excellence for our mining customers. Your contributions will be focused around commercial growth, strengthening an innovative and disruptive product portfolio, client management and best in class service. You will lead a high caliber team be aa thought leader for the industry on behalf of Uptake.
- Manage the Mining Line of Business and team
- Leverage industry knowledge to strengthen and deliver the Uptake Mining product roadmap
- Manage and oversee account management and customer project success
- Develop a growth strategy and deliver on revenue growth and profit goals
- Create and inspiring a shared vision of success
- Develop the strategic plan and helping refine our approach to the industry
- Provide and delivering accurate forecasting and budgeting information for sales segment
- Prove specific/actionable guidance to local sales teams
- Act as an internal champion to communicate progress and success across the organization
- 15 years of experience in the mining industry. 10+ years of experience building and growing a business in the mining and/or mining applications sector
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, or science. MBA preferred.
- Acute understanding of IoT and the opportunity to create value with data and analytics
- Thought leader within industry with extensive experience in the natural resources industries, ideally in both a consultancy and client capacity
- Strong track record in business management and leadership
- Customer advocacy experience and VOC
- Strong communication skills, at all levels: senior leadership, internal team, customer and industry
- Strong industry network, with the ability to leverage those relationships to develop new business opportunities and deliver excellence for our clients
- Strong business acumen – able to understand business risk and challenges, and recognize corporate opportunities
- Experience in product software development preferred
Why Work Here
We build and deliver, then explore to build more. Curiosity and flexibility enable everything we do, and we get stronger as we make each new industry smarter. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs and experiences to solve problems no one has yet to solve, at a speed no one has yet to experience. We support and challenge one another to bring out a new best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way.