Launched in 2014, ShipBob is a tech-enabled fulfillment and logistics solution for growing e-commerce companies. Our goal is to alleviate the daily stress associated with picking, packaging and shipping so business owners can focus on more important aspects of their brand. Through our software and operations arm, we are on a mission to help businesses be successful online
We pride ourselves on our inclusive and richly diverse company culture. All voices are heard regardless of tenure or job title. We are looking for creative problem solvers with a strong work ethic and ability to persevere.
ShipBob is hiring a Freight Specialist located in the Cicero, IL Fulfillment Center OR Chicago headquarters office. This position has responsibility for coordinating freight services, both inbound and outbound, for internal needs as well as on behalf of Merchants, as needed. The Freight Specialist is a knowledgeable freight specialist leveraged by Operations & the Merchant Care organization and must consistently demonstrate a commitment to providing the highest level of service and value.
- Coordinate freight shipments with internal and external parties, including Operations, Merchants (through Merchant Care and sometimes directly) and Carriers based on delivery requirements
- Coordinate the communications and paperwork required for the accurate and timely freight shipping
- Evaluate and interpret freight issues for resolution, or forward to appropriate party in accordance to processes and established guidelines
- Assist management in facilitating resolutions of concerns regarding freight shipments
- Build effective relationships with Vendors-Carriers
- Support shipment tracking and tracing, assuring all shipment requirements and parameters are met or exceeded
- Update shipments in systems, maintain status updates, proof of delivery and charges
- Identify and communicate exceptions to all appropriate parties
- Complete all required documentation according to established guidelines
- Demonstrate professional behaviors during interaction with internal and external parties
- Perform additional duties as assigned by supervisor or management
- Reconcile shipment invoices and billing. Work with our Merchant Care teams to ensure proper invoicing to Merchant for services.
- Bachelor's degree preferred; but must have at least High School diploma and a minimum of 3 years experience in the domestic and international freight industry or comparable
- Has thorough knowledge & understanding of domestic & international air and ground transportation, logistics products and services including TSA regulations and the Known shipper requirements
- Computer skills including high proficiency using Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel software, must have proven ability to utilize these tools in daily functions.
- Requires excellent customer service skills including strong verbal and written communications
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results with minimal supervision
- Communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Strong attention to detail, problem identification and organizational skills
- Knowledge of expedited distribution concepts, practices and procedures
- A working knowledge of TMS applications, specifically Mercury Gate and World Trak systems a plus
- Must have ability to identify and resolve issues and maintain positive employee, carrier and customer relations.
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and 401K Plan
- Casual dress code
- Unlimited PTO
- A team of awesome, like-minded, driven people that support each other.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.