PEAK6 was brought to life by the idea that a strong collaborative process drives success. The passion for that idea powers our firm still, 20 years later. As a Executive Assistant at PEAK6, you will be integral in partnering with our Head of Trading by collaborating with Trading and all groups at PEAK6 to advance the firm’s position as an innovative leader in the industry. Working in an Executive Assistant role at PEAK6 means that you will be presented with a variety of new possibilities as you continue to enhance your skills.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Supporting with all administrative needs including some travel, managing calendars across PEAK6, and ordering lunches/breakfast as needed.
- Keeping the Head of Trading and Trading managers on track during meetings and resolving scheduling conflicts as needed.
- Participating in meeting with leads & Trading Managers (as it makes sense) to help record notes, takeaways, and deliverables.
- Understanding priorities, as well as short-term strategies and lay out a plan of how and when to tackle.
- Building a thorough understanding of trading, tech, and strategic needs of the company. Based on this, drive the priorities of the Head of Trading through weekly meetings and identifying opportunities to increase leadership team effectiveness
You’ll gain loads of experience in this role but before you do, you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or Business preferred along with 5+ years of relevant experience, including working directly with C-Suite executives
- Demonstrated ability to understand multiple, diverse stakeholders through all levels of an organization
- Ability to anticipate approaching company needs by having strong organizational pulse and feedback loop
- Proficient at effectively managing workload to meet deadlines, while delivering high-quality work
- Ability to function effectively in a highly charged executive environment, and the ability to act independently
- Able to comfortably dive into any area of the business, understand needs, and facilitate executive decisions based on changing priorities
- A good sounding board for others, with low ego, and ability to anticipate the needs of a busy executive and his direct staff
- Relationship orientated, experience building personal connections, and comfortable in front of high-level executives and business owners
All of our team members have these traits. You should, too.
Life at PEAK6
As an PEAK6 Executive Assistant, you can enjoy:
- Generous medical, vision and dental plans
- Matching 401(k) programs
- Adoption assistance & family leave
- Sabbatical program
- Speakers Series
- Massage days
- Poker tournament with a grand prize of a World Series of Poker buy in
- Sports leagues
- Cornhole tournaments
- Annual PEAK6 Party
- Yoga classes
- Tuition reimbursement
- Lasik eye discount
- Philanthropy events
- Annual wellness screens and flu shots
- Bagel Fridays/expiration lunches
- Birthday gifts
- Charitable matching gift program