Serve as a key member of the Chicago Magazine Team providing overall structure and implementation for all Tribune Publishing event initiatives. This position will plan, execute, and implement components from conceptualization of events, sponsorships, and advertiser promotions to on-site set up and activations and teardown. Working in a team environment the producer will work with all team members and multiple business units on all events, sponsorships, and promotions which help support and extend the Tribune brands, revenue, readership, and overall company initiatives.
- Manage projects within events, sales and marketing from concept through logistical execution including the timely delivery of all deadlines and materials ensuring fiscally responsible development and execution, with appropriate accountability and oversight on all projects
- Create, develop and execute event marketing opportunities that drive revenue for Chicago Tribune Media Group Brands (Chicago magazine, Chicago Tribune, and Red Eye)
- Create, manage and track event P&L’s, timelines, and KPIs
- Create and present new event concepts to increase revenue
- Research new and existing clients for partnership and/or sponsorship prospects that our brands and clients would benefit from across all events.
- Work closely with the sales teams to conceptualize, manage and implement strategies for local event sponsorship sales
- Develop sales decks, sponsorship proposal and custom event pitches
- Manage all event sales and marketing collateral
- Lead meetings with sponsors to review marketing objectives and facilitate renewals
- Work directly with clients/sponsors to outline and deliver event expectations
- Serve as liaison with related departments/staff responsible for delivering sponsorship benefits (e.g. advertising, digital, post-event coverage, etc.)
- Create and update various department reports, keep track of event results, budgets, staffing, volunteers, and internal recaps.
- Drive marketing and promotional expectations and deadlines to drive ticket sales
- Negotiate all aspects of contractual agreements for partnerships and outside vendor relationships in order to achieve the greatest benefits for our brands and our clients.
- Maintain onsite vendor relations to enhance consumer experience.
- Implement all components of sponsorship pre, post and during the duration of events; physically setting up & tearing down event site or activation, manage proper engagement throughout event marketing and promotions to drive relationship and ensure future opportunities.
- Manage onsite staff at events.
- Transporting materials for use at events, such as premiums and sales materials, either using personal vehicle or rental truck.
- Role of "Brand Ambassador" for the brand at events; includes talking with sponsors, event producers and general public. Occasional needs to act as host and speak in front of crowd.
- Monitor event industry trends and make recommendations to keep events team positioned as a leader in the industry.
- Minimum of 4-year undergraduate liberal arts, journalism or marketing degree or equivalent related event/production experience.
- Minimum 3-5+ years in event production and operations experience required.
- Full spectrum of event management capabilities from strategy to execution.
- Ability to organize, multi-task and maintain professional customer service skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and be key decision maker both onsite and in a business setting.
- Producers must be able to change work assignments on short notice and be able to work any shift, early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays as necessary.