Dispatch - 2nd/3rd shift
As part of the Shipment Specialist department, you will be responsible for ensuring that Echo’s customers and carriers are provided with exemplary service. Major responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to: handling inbound calls and outbound calls, working with truck drivers, dispatchers, shippers and receivers. While handling calls a Shipment Specialist will be responsible for problem-solving and utilizing professional communication. The ideal candidate will take initiative to continuously improve the performance and efficiency of themselves and the department. The Shipment Specialist department is a call center environment with a fast paced, fun atmosphere.
Essential Job Functions
Every task should focus on building valuable partnerships with customers, carriers and peers through proactive and effective communication.
- Answer an average of 60-80+ inbound calls daily from carriers and customers with a friendly and can-do attitude
- Fulfill requests by accurately updating and documenting shipment statuses in Echo’s internal system as well as communicating escalations appropriately
- Contact carriers for time sensitive information and properly update Echo’s internal system
- Monitor the team email queue and fulfill request promptly, utilizing excellent professional communication skills
- Communicate issues proactively to the appropriate manager or team to ensure problems are resolved quickly
- Express eagerness to expand knowledge of Echo and the transportation industry and is receptive to new ideas
- Add value to the department by maintaining a strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Team player attitude, both within the department as well as partnering with employees across the organization
- Strong multitasking skills
- Comfortable working with new technology software and competent in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook) and internet navigation as well as a minimum of 20 words per minute typing average
- Flexible work schedule to include some evening and weekend work
- Fluent in English (Other fluencies always a plus)
- Attention to detail is paramount
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with
a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.