Director of Technology
Director of Technology
The Director of Technology (“DT”) is our technology leader across a broad spectrum of IT requirements for a real estate development and affiliated property management company. The DT defines and delivers IT strategy, support, infrastructure, security and technical know-how across both network and software environments that support multiple business lines of the Company. He/she will lead an internal team of IT professionals tasked to support our 425+ person firm. He/she should demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit, ability to multitask, strong communication skills, prideful work ethic, and a proven track record as a collaborative, values driven leader
- Business and technical strategy- Proactively visualizes, defines, and implements organization-wide technology strategies to deliver IT requirements, streamline IT operations and adopt innovative technology to meet business needs and objectives. Determines capital investment parameters, priorities and risks for enterprise-wide IT initiatives to maximize the return on investment.
- Salesforce CRM- Manages, configures, and extends the capabilities of Company’s customized Salesforce platform. Ensures that the full features and benefits of a customized enterprise system built on Salesforce (including but not limited to CRM) and other related IT systems are maximized. Leads and supervises development partners who can design, enhance, develop, support, implement and update applications on the Salesforce platform. (Knowledge of SQL beneficial to the role.)
- Leadership / Management- Leads the IT team and collaborates directly with business unit managers. Maintains oversight of all IT projects, ensuring that commitments are properly planned, staffed, monitored and reported. Prepares and monitors IT operational budgets that meet objectives and constraints. Fosters a culture of innovation, teamwork, transparency and accountability in IT. Ensures that the organization has strong systems analysis and project management skills, and the ability to execute business-critical projects.
- Infrastructure and Software - Identifies, procures, develops/ implements and ensures technology to enhance end-user experience, increase revenue and productivity, and ensure company technology is optimized. Establishes advanced and integrated applications to support the core processes and transactions of the company. Oversees technology support operations (Help Desk, Phone, E-mail, Hardware, Finance, Network Operations, Disaster Recovery/Backups, etc.). Establishes service levels and ensured KPIs are met. Provide technical leadership.
- Risk Management- Establishes a comprehensive information security program to ensure the integrity, confidentiality and availability of relevant data. Leads the design and implementation of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
Required Skills, Experience and Education:
- 8-10+ Years of professional IT experience, including 6+ in a senior IT leadership/management role.
- Expertise in Salesforce CRM including Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud and Force.com favored.
- BA/BS Degree required
- Uses strong BI skills to harness data of customized Salesforce system to assess operational performance.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse leaders, communicate an IT vision and strategy across all levels of the organization, and build consensus around key initiatives and projects.
- Solid knowledge in emerging technologies and the ability to apply these to serve the Company’s key business goals.
- Experience leading and documenting complex, major change initiatives; demonstrated skills in change management.
- Experience leading infrastructure and operations technical services for all IT technology domains, including PCs, networks, telecommunications, servers, security, help desk, etc.
- Experience building an enterprise level data analytics capability a plus
- Track record of building strong technology vendor partnerships to ensure the best performance and financial return.
- Experience designing, documenting and managing an effective IT governance framework across the spectrum of IT service delivery.
- Real estate experience not required; operational experience a plus.