Director of IT
About the role:
Farmer’s Fridge is seeking a Director of Information Systems to lead the development and maintenance of our business systems platform and solution architecture. This individual will provide leadership and vision to support the team’s high growth, expansion into new markets, and product lines.
Farmer’s Fridge employs a pure public cloud-based strategy for hosting its innovative proprietary technology platforms and vended systems, as well as utilizing SaaS applications. Our ideal candidate will have experience in driving this strategy forward, while promoting integration to drive automation, enable centralized application, as well as compliance and security management.
What kind of person are we looking for?
- Strong communicator - you’re able to explain complex ideas to anyone at any level, and are adept at explaining “the why” to gain buy in, alignment, and build trust
- Open-minded - you approach projects holistically, and always keep your eyes peeled for opportunities to kill two birds with one stone
- Efficiency-obsessed and process-driven
- You’re able to manage the long-term vision with the short-term need (We love the analogy of building an airplane at 30,000 feet). We have a number of processes that are in the midst of optimization and improvement, but need daily execution in parallel.
- Transparent, flexible, and open to new ideas - we are building something that has never been built before, no one has all the answers
In a typical week, you will…
- Work cross-functionally to analyze business requirements and operational procedures, and identify improvement opportunities through technology solutions
- Manage the technological infrastructure, hardware and software necessary to support organizational needs, including oversight of an IT Managed Services vendor
- Establish and promotes company-wide IT standards and policies
- Provide strategic leadership for the company by working with the Executive Team to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans and policies
- Develop and execute strategy to increase data security compliance in adherence with standards, such as PCI, for end-user devices, internal business systems, and cloud-based storage and productivity/collaboration tools
- Set overall goals, performance standards, and operational priorities for team and manages to operational goals and budget
- Establish business continuity and disaster recovery plans to improve overall resiliency
- Keep up-to-date on information and technology trends to increase innovation, ensure compliance, and mitigate security threats and risks
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field
- 10+ years experience in Information Systems (IS)
- 3+ years management experience in a high growth environment
- Vendor management experience, including software negotiation and hardware/professional services contracts and licenses
- SaaS integration experience via the use of integration products and APIs
- Public Cloud Hosting (AWS preferred) experience
- Security Infrastructure/SSO experience with SaaS and public cloud-hosted applications
- Extensive experience in SDLC methodologies, including Agile
- Traditional Benefits -- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, LTD
- 10 paid holidays
- Generous PTO policy
- Daily Fridge Credits
- Monthly cell phone credit
- Spontaneous company events and community service activities
- Work with a phenomenal team of individuals that are constantly pushing the market boundaries to offer healthy food at the utmost convenience.
About Farmer’s Fridge:
At Farmer’s Fridge, we’re committed to making wholesome, delicious food simply accessible, so people can live a little happier. We aim to remove the roadblocks to eating well on the go. That means sourcing top-notch ingredients, handcrafting meals in our kitchen, packing & delivering fresh to our network of Fridges and ensuring the best possible customer experience. Unpurchased items are regularly donated to local food depositories, providing responsibly sourced nutrition to community members in need. If you’re passionate about our mission to change the food system for the better, our team just may be the right fit for you.
Farmer’s Fridge is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our disclosures related to External Agencies and Applicants below: