Director of Internal Tech Operations
Director, Internal Tech Operations
Delivering one-of-a-kind cloud technology, accompanied by award winning customer service, Paylocity is a software development company in a category of its own. We are a publicly traded company that offers an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) which enables employees to share in the long-term growth and future success of the company.
Poised to revolutionize the world of human capital management for hundreds of thousands of small and medium sized businesses, we are seeking the best and the brightest to help us create the future of our solutions – enabling our customers to better develop their employees and supervisors. Our lean development process enables our small product oriented teams to innovate, collaborate and bring amazing features to market. Our talent anywhere philosophy nurtures a diverse and dynamic group of colleagues with a shared mission to make great products and have fun doing it.
The Director of Internal Tech Operations reports to the VP of Tech Delivery & Enablement and is a critical role in our Product and Technology organization. This highly visible member of the Technology Leadership Team has overall accountability for the end-to-end strategy and execution of our core technology operations and delivery group. This position requires a strategic leader committed to finding and delivering against our customers’ unmet needs. This role will enable a culture of innovation, and ownership across all of Product and Technology – ensuring the teams are entrepreneurial and self-sufficient, while still focused on a common vision.
Are you the teammate we are looking for?
Who you are:
- Collaborative, innovative and humble
- Committed to driving stability at scale and unflinching in your desire for production reliability
- Passionate technologist with the intellectual horsepower to see not just the particulars, but also the whole
- Influential leader who rallies multiple teams around the vision, and creates an atmosphere where teams are empowered to deliver
- Determined and willing to experiment and transform, embracing constant feedback loops
- A model for exhibiting grit and the entrepreneurial spirit
- Leader who is passionate about developing people by creating enabling and inclusive environments and identifying, mentoring and cultivating high potentials.
- Relentlessly curious about current market and technology trends, and influences product direction accordingly
- A superior communicator with an affinity for change management
How we work:
- Small, self-sufficient product-oriented teams with an entrepreneurial spirit organized into categories
- We don’t add more folks to our teams, we add additional teams to scale
- Casual, collaborative, agile environment which embraces and operates under our shared principles
- Complete transparency with open, honest discussions about our progress
- Close working relationship between all stakeholders and product teams
What we offer:
- Lean enabling process that focuses on putting our product teams in the best position to succeed
- A commitment to investing in our products, hiring the best talent, and giving them the chance to meaningfully contribute to a vast market opportunity
- A subscription to an Online Training forum for all technology colleagues