Director, Care Management
At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most effective, accessible and efficient healthcare in the world through partnership with primary care physicians. We're in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to world-class health systems. As part of achieving this goal, as a Director of Care Management you will initiate the implementation of care management services and standards that enable our organization to successfully execute key quality and market outcomes.
Integral to our Market Launch team, the Director of Care Management will handle a wide range of projects to support and implement the organization’s model of care alongside our partners driving initial market workflows and infrastructure development. As a new member of our team, you’ll initially be responsible for helping with the implementation and growth of our emerging markets.
What are some examples of projects you’ll be managing at VillageMD?
- Leading program development and operations management across the care management platform to support the continued growth and development of market physician networks
- Designing and executing a framework for care management service implementation for new physicians; continuously reviewing and refining for efficiency and effectiveness
- Measuring clinical outcomes and improvement opportunities by using internal and external benchmarking to dedicatedly address opportunities for improvement
What will make you successful here?
- Willingness and ability to travel 80% weekly (Monday-Thursday)
- Strategic ability with an affinity for operations; not afraid to dig into the details of the work to influence a positive outcome
- Superior relationship skills with the ability to craft meaningful partnerships
- Positive attitude with a solution-oriented approach and a comfort working within ambiguity
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through communication and doing what you say you will do
What you might do in your first year:
- Team up with multiple payers in an aligned market to implement programs for multiple lines of business (i.e. commercial, Medicare and employer groups).
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams to execute care management responsibilities including close partnership with clinicians, operations and analytic functions
- Participate in the recruitment and retention of clinical talent, supporting staff development and growth
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Bachelor’s degree+ in nursing or social work with current licensure in state of residence
- 3+ years nursing experience in acute, ambulatory or primary care practice setting
- 3+ years in care management and/or previous value based care leadership experiences in an ambulatory or managed care setting
- Success working with diverse stakeholder groups, establishing the required relationships to work collaboratively across all levels
- Direct management experience building and leading teams in a fast-growing environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.