What we’ll bring:
• A work environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
• Flexible time off, workplace flexibility, an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of tuition reimbursement, conferences and seminars.
• Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
• This role will provide the ability to allow for future advancement in management positions within TransUnion,
• Oversee and manage TransUnion’s disaster recover data center in Northlake Illinois. Provide the highest level of uptime and world class services to TransUnion’s internal and external customers.
Requirements we'd love to see:
• Experience in Enterprise Data Center cabling, patching, installation, maintenance of documentation and planning for data center capacity needs.
• Daily operation and oversight: Manage relationships with facility support and IT manufacturer service providers and internal hardware teams to ensure appropriate daily operation and accurate IMAC (Installations/Moves/Adds/Changes).
• Develop, maintain SOP’s related to data center locations and ensure teams follow assigned SOP.
• Onsite Support: Respond to incidents and work with other teams in the verification and recovery process of IT systems. Must be available 7/24 for all bridge and incident calls.
• Must have experience in managing data center engineers / staff (3 -5 years)
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field • 8+ years’ experience performing infrastructure asset management processes in a large enterprise or in a technical role that supported infrastructure management
• Some travel will be required. US mostly with some international possible. Must have travel Visa.
• Must have Strong communication skills in Excel and power point.
• Excellent communication, documentation and presentation skills across IT, senior management and business units.
Preferred requirements we'd like to see:
• Have a disciplined approach to managing task and project assignments, good people skills, good judgement and flexibility are critical to this position.
• Team Player with the ability to work autonomously and responsibly in a mission- critical Data Center environment.
• Able to work days/nights/weekends/holidays if needed or required.
• Experience in data center consolidations, buildout and remote management of data center staff and sites.
• Anticipate needs for data center growth in both short-term and long-term capacity planning
• Ensure compliance with policies and procedures including security policies and procedures.
• Communicate with stakeholders to report project status, issues, risks and mitigations.
• Ensure the infrastructure projects are completed on time and within budget.
• Prepare schedule and cost estimates as required for project resources, materials and work effort.
• Knowledge of Asset Management (Nlyte Preferred), Environmental monitoring (NEO preferred) and ticketing systems (Service Now).
Impact you’ll make:
• Provide gap analysis of data center operations along with recommendations for operational improvements in the first 90 days
• Would expect monthly reporting in daily operation efficiently, workload, capacity, operational cost and capacity planning by end of the 90 days of starting role.
• Support of ongoing data center consolidations, buildout and status of key projects along with meeting SLA’s and project due dates.