Upwork is the world's largest freelancing website. Each year $1.5 billion of work happens through Upwork, allowing businesses to get more done and helping professionals break free of traditional time and place boundaries and work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork, you'll help build on this momentum. Together, we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for businesses to connect with extraordinary talent and work without limits.
The Upwork Sales team brings our contingent staffing solutions to SMB customers. As a Customer Success Representative, you will own the day to day operations of product and services offerings including customer education, expansion, and retention for our high value marketplace customers. You will partner cross-functionally to swiftly resolve customer issues to delight our clients every step of the way.
- You’ll work closely with assigned accounts to establish long lasting relationships with decision makers and users to ensure repeat usage on the platform
- Execute platform training for users to become comfortable with the platform and how to engage with Freelance and agency talent
- Develop adoption plan, establish communication with key partnerships of each assigned accounts
- Establish communication with decision makers, manage reporting to measure success against customer expectations, and drive the renewal process
- Implement strategies to maximize customer lifetime value and minimize churn risk while increasing overall customer satisfaction and identifying up-sell and cross-sell opportunities
- Develop a deep understanding of the product to recommend the software’s features and functionality that meet customers' specific business needs
- Consistently bring creative ideas and solutions to the team on how to improve the customer experience
What is needed:
- 2+ years of experience in customer success, sales, or account management in staffing or Human Capital Management
- SaaS success/sales/recruiting experience is desirable
- Passionate about providing an exemplary customer experience and building lasting relationships
- Demonstrated understanding and application of effective service and selling strategies
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills – both verbal and written
What it takes to catch our eye:
- 2+ years experience in day to day operations in a post sale environment in either a hyper-growth environment or within the Human Capital Management space
- Experience working with multiple clients and creating operational playbooks to insure service quality and responsiveness for reported issues
- Previously demonstrated success in expansion, up-sells and retention in a highly competitive environment
- Intimate knowledge in training customers through multiple mediums
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesday's, daily breakfast and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits … and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.