Customer Success Operations Manager
At Showpad, personalities and cultures connect across oceans to create something extraordinary. As a top 10 software company in the Inc. 5,000 Europe list, Showpad is changing the game when it comes to sales enablement. Our employees create the engagement and impact that drives our success as we expand globally.
In the morning, we’re drinking San Francisco cold brew coffee with a side of Portland doughnuts – English scones for afternoon tea, and in the evening we’re toasting success with Belgian tripel Westmalle to a Chicago house tune.
As a Customer Success Operations Manager you will be responsible for project managing key initiatives and new process rollouts, analysis and optimization, and managing and enforcing the service and retention processes. Alongside the rest of the BizOps team this candidate will be a “jack of all trades” who can support a variety of operational projects and programs, with a passion for customer communications and touch points.
From an operations perspective, you will be responsible for developing and producing monthly reports on the key metrics of the business. You will also be responsible for identifying, implementing and managing the software applications that will drive efficiency and provide visibility into the performance of the business.
What you’ll do
- You will work with the Customer Team leaders to design, implement and manage accurate renewal, professional services and support bookings and revenue forecasting processes. Ensures forecasts are updated accurately and timely for weekly reporting and meetings
- You will act as the single owner and source of truth for all Customer Team metrics data. Works ongoing with key stakeholders to enhance operational metrics.
- Analyze and interpret key performance indicators (KPIs) and other metrics. Deliver insights & recommendations to the business based on trends
- Create and expand upon customer success team dashboards / KPIs
- Determine the timing, content and enablement approach for cross-functional partners along the customer journey, to drive optimal adoption and expansion
- Work with Business unit owners to develop standardized reporting across roles and teams to better streamline customer success actions as well as respond to ad hoc reporting requests
- Coordinate cross-functional processes that help meet renewal and up-sell targets and deliver on customers’ needs
Interact and support the Customer Success team daily by partnering to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of renewals, upsells and customer support
- Partner with senior-level stakeholders in our sales and customer success departments to implement new and improved processes and build out support infrastructure
- Provide project / program management support for internal Customer Success projects and support day-to-day CS operations (e.g., reporting and analysis)
- Document all CS processes in our knowledge base and conduct internal training as needed
- Designs, builds and maintains system reporting and dashboards (i.e. Salesforce, Gainsight, Zendesk, FinancialForce).
- Ensures data, reports, and other internal intelligence tools are provided to key partners in an accurate and timely manner
- Evaluates any new technology that would be beneficial to the organization
- Presents ideas and recommendations, continuously look for ways to improve processes
- Define systems and processes that drive productivity, efficiency and visibility across the entire Customer Success organization along with the leadership to implement new software tools
- Identify top candidates for upsell by working with the team to produce white-space analysis reports and triggers that drive expansion opportunity
- BA/BS required
- 5+ years of Operations, Program Management or Customer Success experience (previous experience as a Customer Success Manager or Account Executive a plus), understanding of the SaaS space
- Experience with tools like: Salesforce, Gainsight, FinancialForce, Zendesk required
- Enjoys “getting their hands dirty” by digging into complex operational problems
- Proven project management capabilities. Ability to manage own workload, work efficiently, and meet deadlines
- Positive, high-energy attitude, independent, and takes ownership of all tasks from start to finish. Acute attention to detail
- Highly collaborative, team oriented, and comfortable leading cross-functional projects
- Strong ability to deliver and facilitate knowledge transfer, both in-person and virtually, across a globally diverse team
- Critical thinking skills to translate sometimes ambiguous business needs into effective customer communications and solutions
- Data-driven with a commitment to process improvement. Passion for process and experience scaling processes with an aptitude for working with data, e.g. Salesforce Reports and Dashboards, Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets experience
- Demonstrated professional writing and communication skills for both customer and executive audiences
- Consistently operate in an attitude of partnership and collaboration. Develop strong relationships in all organizations and promote Showpad’s core values