Customer Success Manager
We deliver the most advanced and flexible learning experience for certification, credentialing, test prep, continuing education, and training. Our cloud-based learning platform is designed to help education and training organizations deliver a highly engaging and effective learning experience for users who are trying to advance their careers. With almost 1M active users last year, we incorporate the latest in learner-centered technology, including personalization, gamification, data science, usability and omni-channel delivery.
We’re sitting in a pivotal time in the BenchPrep history. After just closing a $20 million series C round of funding, we’re fueled for growth. We’re ready to enhance our product offering, extend our position in the education and training industry, and scale our (humble) team.
We’re committed to helping students learn better, and that starts in our own office.
About the role:
As our growth continues, we are looking to add an experienced, tech-savvy, results-driven Customer Success Manager to our team. As our Customer Success Manager, you will be responsible for managing some of our largest existing enterprise level accounts, taking a consultative and strategic approach to managing our client relationships.You are excited about meaningful interactions with clients and committed to driving product adoption, providing strategic guidance and inspiring client loyalty. You have proven success in account management and a strong history of relationship management and project management.
Some challenges you’ll tackle:
- Design and implement growth strategies that expand and grow our relationship within key accounts to meet and exceed revenue targets
- Position yourself and BenchPrep as industry leaders to create demand and influence change
- Build relationships and evangelize BenchPrep's value proposition to key stakeholders at these organizations to enable long-term growth
- Conduct regular check-in meetings and quarterly business reviews; partner with internal teams (data, customer success and product)
- Lead projects from conception to closure, leveraging internal resources to get the job done
- Develop strategic customer success plans to effectively and efficiently oversee your customers
- Continually seek and take advantage of opportunities to network with customers at external events and industry forums.
- Represent BenchPrep at industry events specific to these customers
- Coordinate the entire account team and help identify expansion opportunities. You will be the bridge between the customer and internal teams by understanding the customer’s needs, the impact it will have on their business and communicate that internally
About the team:
Here at BenchPrep, our Customer Success team is focused on building strong partnerships with our clients by providing a customized experience to each and every one of them. Our team prides ourselves on being the primary point of contact for all of our clients, and we are passionate about solving complex problems with unique, outside-the-box solutions.
You should have:
- 10+ years of experience in a customer-facing role
- Proven record of managing customers with Average Annual Revenue > $50,000
- Experience working in product management, program management, strategy or account management
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Strong initiative, leadership skills, and work ethic
- Have excellent communication skills, specifically working with C-Level Executives
- Ability to “translate” between technical and non-technical terms
- Are able to work well in a dynamic, fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Can effectively conduct presentations over the phone and through the web
- Motivated by challenges, and excited to grow our customer base through education, and solution-based selling techniques
- Travel 25% of the time
Life at BenchPrep:
We work at BenchPrep because we’re dedicated to the mission and each day have an opportunity to be challenged and learn. We work hard, eat well, and have lots of fun. Culture is our lifeline at BenchPrep. We tend to eat our (free) lunch together - not because we have to, but because we want to. We celebrate our people, both professionally and personally. We focus on flexibility - both in work/life balance, but also everyday in operating with agility. We care about professional development so much that we offer employees $1,200 annually to build their skills. And of course, we have all the La Croix and snacks that you’d expect to keep you moving. It’s no wonder we were selected in Built in Chicago’s 50 Best Small Companies to Work For in 2019, and Crain’s 2019 Best Places to Work in Chicago lists.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are looking for high performing and motivated professionals who are excited about the chance to leverage technology to impact the lives of millions of learners.