Customer Service - Loan Servicing
Who we are:
Guaranteed Rate is eighth largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. The company has become The Home Purchase Experts® by offering industry-leading self-service tools and low rate, low fee mortgages through an easy-to-understand process and unparalleled customer service. Headquartered in Chicago with approximately 3,000+ employees in 200+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, Guaranteed Rate has helped hundreds of thousands of homeowners with more than $23 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in the past year.
Guaranteed Rate has been able to expand successfully nationwide through a business model that allows top originators to join the company and close more loans faster through its technology, pricing, process and support. The company now has more top loan originators in the annual national rankings from mortgage industry publications Mortgage Executive, Scotsman Guide and Origination News than any other bank or mortgage company. Having gone through explosive growth Guaranteed Rate has maintained being highly entrepreneurial while maintaining a healthy work life balance. If you’re interested in working with motivated and intelligent people while disrupting an industry, then we want to talk with you.
Responsibilities may include processing routine payment transactions, documenting calls, responding to customer, investor, or other 3rd party inquiries, researching and/or preparing documentation, or analyzing requests in accordance with established guidelines and determining appropriate course of action.
- Monitor the incoming call queue and ensure telephone coverage is adequate during all times of the day
- Answer and address inbound borrower inquiries with the goal of providing excellent customer service
- Record all conversations in our system ensuring that all accounts are noted accurately
- A minimum of one year in Loan/Mortgage Industry Customer Service experience is a must
- Ability to deal effectively with borrowers who may be worried, frustrated, or angry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must
- Ability to multitask
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel required
- Minimum typing average of 40 wpm
Maintain customer records by recording account information. Respond to verbal account inquires over the phone. The CSR must answer questions related to all aspects of mortgage servicing.
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason, as protected by law.