Community Engagement Director
Position Title: Community Engagement Director
Reports to: Community Resource Leader with strong relationship with Customer Success Leader
Collaborates with: Primarily Community Resources and Customer Success departments, as well as Implementation and New Product Development, other departments as needed
The Community Engagement Director is responsible for creating and executing the strategy to quickly build NowPow community networks and sustain high network partner engagement over time. Network partners are critical self care service providers working to close the loop on self care referrals. Network partners tend to be CBOs but can also be public organizations or affiliates of large health providers or payer.
The Community Engagement Director’s responsibility includes creating the foundation to stand up networks quickly and with ease. This includes identifying and detailing technology solutions like developing an efficient contracting and on-boarding processes to creating partnerships with potential NowPow “distributors” in a community.
Additionally, the Community Engagement Directors works to ensure ongoing network partner engagement by working closely with CBOs to understand their capacity to make/take referrals; and leveraging existing CBO networks, especially those already making self care referrals.
The Community Engagement Director represents the network partner perspective internally at NowPow, advocating for improvements to processes or functionality that will create an efficient, effective and fantastic experience for the community networks. Critical to success in this role is building expertise in how network partners serve their clients and how NowPow’s technology can make their jobs a little easier while maximizing the impact of their services. Ultimately the Community Engagement Director works to ensure that when CBOs are asked ‘Which closed-loop technology would you like to use?’ the overwhelming response will be NowPow.
- Develop and lead the strategy for ‘network activation’, faciliatating and ensuring strong partner networks in every geography ready to respond to the needs of our customers
- Build relationships with key strategic networks in our geographies to quickly seed, scale, and test our technology and approach to tracked and coordinated referrals
- Lead the development of ‘Network Composition and Health’ models that can estimate concentration of referral takers by geography, quality of referrals, responsiveness to referrals and CBO capacity, and use these models to drive strategy and decisions
- Identifying key network partners in any geography NowPow has customers and prioritize for outreach and on-boarding
- Act as the ongoing voice of network partners to internally and to our customers
- Lead the process and technology redesign of the network partner on-boarding toward the goal of seamless and scalable sign-up
- Quickly build expertise of the needs of referral makers and takers from NowPow’s technology
- Lead small teams of on the ground trainers in key geographies as needed
- Advocate for key product improvements to improve the onboarding and experience of network partners
- Interface with Community Resources and Customer Success departments to understand what internal resources are leverageable and how to most efficiently activate
- Represent NowPow externally including CBO town halls, customer meetings, etc.
- Experience working with community-based organizations
- Exceptional interpersonal and written communication skills
- Exceptional strategic planning skills with demonstrated ability to execute against strategy
- Advanced degree in social work, social science, urban planning, public health, public policy
- Some managerial experience, ideally people and process
- Outstanding attention to detail, organization, decision making and analytical skills
- Self-starter, innovator, results-driven with ability to meet both short- and long-term business goals
- Ability to manage time well, meet imposed deadlines and ability to work flexible hours
- Proven problem-solving skills