Claims Manager- Auto Physical Damage
Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What is the Auto Physical Damage Claims Manager?
Everyone needs insurance, but let’s be transparent, nobody is excited about it.
At Clearcover, we know people have better ways to spend their money and more exciting things to do with their time, so we’re building a new kind of insurance company that gives people the insurance they need for a lot less of everything else. In other words, we save people serious time and money by helping them think about insurance less. Pretty cool, right?
We’re building something awesome. It doesn’t take much digging to see that insurance is outdated, but we’re building much more than a fancy app. We’re changing how an insurance company works. And we need your help.
The Auto Physical Damage Claims Manager has a unique chance to create a team to better serve Clearcover customers from the ground up. We strive to make the claims process fast, fair, and easy.
You should be patient, insightful, communicative and sincerely excited to help people. You should also be ready to take care of complex problems and people having frustrating days – this is still insurance, after all. You understand how to listen and value simplicity and clarity. We’re also looking for a self-directed, natural learner and problem solver. In other words, someone with autodidactic tendencies. Also, someone who will look that word up and confirm it’s used properly here. We had to.
What will you do?
- Leads all claims activities with established claims policy and procedures
- Identify and assess internal trends for efficiency gains and process improvement
- Authority on auto estimating, internal tools, regulatory compliance, and claims payment processing
- Handles the selection, evaluation, compensation, transfer, and termination of claims personnel, in accordance with established personnel policies and practices
- Handle customer complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives, follow up to ensure resolution
- Assist in evaluating, monitoring, and negotiating claims partner relationships
- Maintain knowledge base of training materials, standard procedures, and shared partner guidelines
- Support Clearcover quality assurance initiatives
- Provide in-depth reporting on claims metrics and communicate results to executive leadership
- Ability to obtain and maintain an adjuster’s license as required
- During periods of peak volume, handle large amounts of incoming and outgoing customer interactions (calls, texts, chats, social media outreach)
- Deliver on Clearcover’s promise to our customers by actually solving their problems (also paying attention to a few service level guidelines and policies)
What do you need?
- Auto estimating and quality assurance experience
- Confirmed claims support/success experience or experience as a claims representative and track record of providing excellent customer care
- Vendor management
- Strong active listening skills; able to communicate clearly through conversations
- Prior experience with insurance claims system or practices is preferred
- Capable of writing with impact through email, text, chat, or social media
- Familiarity with CRM & support systems and practices
- Advanced Excel skills
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of individuals
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- College degree preferred
- A tactful, timely sense of humor is also a requirement. We’re getting funnier but we can still be funnier-er
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited vacation, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we've got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover 90% of your premium, 75% of your dependents and contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- While we don't match yet, our 401(K) is pretty slick
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
- and yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social