Carrier Programs Director
project44 is the world’s leading advanced visibility platform for shippers and third-party logistics firms. project44 connects, automates, and provides visibility into key transportation processes to accelerate insights and shorten the time it takes to turn those insights into actions. Leveraging the power of the project44 cloud-based platform, organizations are able to increase operational efficiencies, reduce costs, improve shipping performance, and deliver an exceptional Amazon-like experience to their customers. Connected to over 175,000 carriers worldwide and having comprehensive coverage for all ELD and telematics devices on the market, project44 supports all transportation modes and shipping types, including Parcel, Final-Mile, Less-than-Truckload, Volume Less-than-Truckload, Truckload, Rail, Intermodal, and Ocean.
We are looking for a Carrier Program Director to own the delivery of carrier onboarding activities for customers, manage the team responsible for growing and supporting our carrier network, and drive operational efficiencies through process, data and automation. This is a key role in the organization that sits at the intersection of carriers and customers. The ideal candidate brings a blend of relevant industry (freight / logistics / transportation) experience, customer or program management expertise, and a track record of managing and developing talent. If you have these traits and thrive in ambiguous, data-driven, & dynamic environments, we want to hear from you.
- Own the delivery of carrier onboarding activities and best practices to customers while identifying opportunities to scale.
- Recruit and develop talent. Coach, guide and motivate team to drive towards ambitious growth goals.
- Identify and implement solutions for improving operational efficiency through process, data, & tools / automation.
- Collaborate with cross functional stakeholders across sales, customer implementation and success, product and marketing on initiatives aimed at driving more value for customers and carriers.
- Act as the primary point-of-contact for, and provide great service to, project44 customers regarding their carrier networks
Qualifications and Preferred Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree (at a minimum)
- Experience in transportation / freight / logistics industry operations and/or sales
- 5+ years people management experience
- 10+ years experience in customer facing or program management roles
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Comfort presenting to a variety of audiences including senior customer stakeholders.
- Proficiency with data to drive decision making
- Strong executional mindset with experience building scalable processes
- Ability to be strategic while rolling up your sleeves alongside your team to solve problems
- Passion for customer satisfaction and operational excellence
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Willingness to travel (up to 20%) to visit customers / carriers