The MCD IT Business Intelligence Operations team has an exciting opportunity for a Sr Business Technical Analyst. With supervision this position defines the business requirements and builds process and data models for technology solutions that meet the business needs. Bridges the gap between the business customer and the technology solution providers by translating business needs to technical solutions throughout the lifecycle of the product. Coordinates and/or executes plans to ensure that technical solutions meet the needs of the business. Key customers include users of the I/S solution, the project development team and project sponsors.
You will have extensive experience in a data warehouse environment facilitating requirements gathering sessions, documenting requirements, analyzing and evaluating possible solutions to meet requirements. Experience in leading QA processes including creating test strategy and test plan documents as well as executing tests and working with external QA vendors. The candidate will be a highly organized self-starter who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
·Minimum of 3-6 years working in a data warehouse environment
·Bachelor’s degree - Business or IT
- Ability to work on multiple simultaneous projects
- Superb interpersonal and communication skills
- Do you work independently and within a team environment?
- Extensive experience working in a client-facing role and developing client relationships
- Ability to read, develop and test advanced SQL statements utilizing Data modeling experience
- Experience preparing advanced report designs
- Demonstration of strong analytical skills and consistent ability to focus on the big picture
- Experience identifying project tasks and providing estimates for those tasks Experience in executing training strategies
- Proven ability to adhere and promote standard business analyst tools, procedures and SDLC/AGILE standard methodologies
- Utilize project management skills to ensure work streams are properly identified and prioritized, resources utilized, time lines met and provide consistent status updates.
- Serve as functional business area team’s main point of contact for IT with any critical system performance issues. Communicate issues impacting daily operations to the business team and provide updates on resolution.
- Review current business processes to resolve where automation / improvements will drive efficiency.
- Partnering with cross channel teams to identify opportunities and supporting the development of new balanced approaches.
- AWS Cloud
- Applied ability to adapt to and understand new products and applications
- Ability to understand & analyze complex data concepts and calculations
- Extensive experience working in SDLC environment with a solid focus on Business Analysis and Quality Assurance
- Experienced in working with and creating Data Models
- Leading individual(s) or sub project tasks affecting single or multiple business and IT departments
- Evaluating project impact through consultation with the business
- Supporting and performing testing as necessary to ensure original requirements are met
- Experienced in working with business users to gather and document requirements
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications
- Proficient in writing test plans and scripts
- Experience in documentation of test results
- Experience in defect management/resolution, including documentation of defects and regression testing
- Expertise in Excel/Jira and Confluence
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.