Azure Operations Lead
Join Our Team!
Nexgen Packaging is always looking for motivated people. We are a global leader in apparel identification products for the retail, apparel, and footwear industries. These include marketing-driven labels and tags, which convey a retailer’s or brand’s message and image, as well as variable data products such as price tickets, hang tags, and RFID tags. Our customers include both traditional retailers like Converse, J Crew, Chico’s, and Kate Spade and emerging companies like StitchFix, Bonobos, and Fabletics that are changing the retail landscape.
A team of four entrepreneurs and industry veterans founded Nexgen in 2006. They knew they could build a great company that could help retailers with their branding solutions by leveraging state-of-the-art technology, exceptional employees, and an outstanding work environment. We pride ourselves on exceeding customers’ expectations by listening to their needs and executing on our commitments. This approach has led to industry-leading growth for Nexgen and our team. Since our founding we have grown to over 600 employees globally, with shipments of over 3 billion products this year.
In many ways we are a startup company in that we are changing how companies leverage technology to manufacture and deliver brand identification products. We have created a software platform to optimize, organize, and digitize our customers’ portfolios by providing them an intuitive framework for ordering Nexgen products. Considered the industry’s leading technology platform, over 10,000 brands and manufacturers globally use the Nexgen platform for product ordering. We continue to invest in technology and have additional products in the pipeline that we will release in the near future.
At Nexgen Packaging we are building a team of talented, experienced, and creative individuals. We embrace independent thinking self-starters who are looking to be part of a hard-working team that enjoys what they do. We are committed to investing in our employees’ growth and creating career opportunities for everyone at Nexgen. If this sounds like a team you’d like to join, then let’s meet!
Azure Cloud Platform Operations Lead
We are excited to be looking for Microsoft Azure Cloud Platform Operations Lead who is a true go getter! You will have the unique opportunity to work with leading edge cloud technology and help shape Nexgen’s future. Being able to grow with our company is all but one reward, you will be responsible for driving IT initiatives.
What You’ll Do:
- Monitor, manage and maintain production IT systems on Microsoft Azure Cloud platform to meet or exceed SLA targets
- Manage provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, planning and maintenance of systems and related infrastructure
- Implement and manage IT services, tools and operations management frame work to ensure reliable production environment
- Perform system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all production systems, services and resources
- Detect and resolve issues in a proactive manner before they can affect production platform, escalate, triage and resolve issues related to performance and system outages engaging with appropriate technical teams
- Ensure completion of continuous operational activities (backups, log reviews, ticket reviews, etc.)
- Perform technical research to enable continuous improvements, implement best practices and procedures to ensure that production systems, software applications, network and security systems adhere to standards
Ideally, We’d Like You to Have:
- 3+ years hands on experience with Azure and strong understanding of Microsoft Azure platform capabilities and limitations
- Bachelors or Associates degree with significant experience and track record of managing mission critical applications
- Thorough understanding of infrastructure (Windows VM and SQLServer DB servers, Virtual Networks, hypervisor, storage, monitoring, load balancing, security etc.)
- Experience with the design, deployment, and support of large, complex systems and orchestration to deploy cloud solutions
- Microsoft Azure certification is preferred
- Willingness to engage in an open, safe and forward-thinking environment
Our Commitment to You:
We will provide a space that:
- Embraces forward thinking,
- Values employees’ contribution,
- Drives personal growth, and
- Recognizes the value of quality of work and quality of life.
We work hard but we are committed to providing flexible requirements, ensuring our employees have a great work/life balance.
We love to see our employees grow, embrace the entrepreneurial spirit, and demonstrate a willingness to contribute to our company’s successes. We are committed to providing rewarding experiences and helping our employees achieve their career and personal goals.
We offer competitive benefits such as health, dental, and vision insurance and a competitive 401k match.
Nexgen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Candidates local to Chicago are preferred. You must be authorized to work in the United States, full time, for any employer.