Assistant Manager of Facility Operations
Working for Trunk Club
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!
The Assistant Manager of Facility Operations will join our corporate team in Chicago, IL. A main focus for this person will be to build and support Cleaning and Procurement across all locations. This person should have proven success in managing multiple tracks of work, thinking strategically, being tactical, and having extreme attention to detail.
What you’ll do
- Assist with implementation and management of nation-wide custodial program.
- Monitor custodial team performance and location cleanliness across all properties.
- Build and maintain vendor relations by negotiating new custodial supplier contracts.
- Assist Facilities Manager with negotiation of bids, and maintain contracts of third-party vendors.
- Assist in management of custodial vendor orders, cleaning supply inventory control and service contract management.
- Assist with training of company safety policies and procedures, including OSHA compliance.
- Coordinate and assist with set up and breakdown of large meetings and events
- Assist in identifying areas of opportunity; communicate and collaborate with Clubhouse Operations Managers and Heads of Office on resolutions.
- Identify required product specifications and cost-efficient pricing for cleaning supplies
- Assist Facilities Manager with building and procurement projects, timekeeping, scheduling, and administrative tasks.
- Assist with the management and development of building maintenance employees.
- Maintain and achieve budget goals in coordination with Facilities Manager.
Who you are
- An enthusiastic leader. You enjoy motivating teams and getting them excited to deliver an exceptional work.
- A communicator. You are well-versed in verbal and written correspondence.
- An expert in interpersonal and organizational skills.
- You have the ability to work well in a fast-paced, team oriented environment.
- A problem solver. You ensure safety, problem solving and want to maintain a great clubhouse environment.
- You have experience negotiating contracts, setting pricing, and selecting third-party vendors
- You have a flexible schedule and can work early weekdays, late evenings, and weekends when required
- You follow all company safety policies and procedures, including OSHA compliance
- You pay attention to the small details that make a big difference
What your background may look like
- 2-3 years building and managing custodial teams, processes, and/or programs
- Experience ordering and managing cleaning supply inventories and budgets for midsize businesses
How we work
- With others. You’ll have the opportunity to create solutions for our customers, improve our level of service, contribute to our unique company culture, and create innovative new capabilities for Trunk Club.
- With transparency. We have an open team room. No cubicles, no private offices.
- With agility. This is a critical role for us, so flexibility is important. No two days are the same and it keeps everyone on their toes.
- With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy and inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company.
- With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to company needs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is required to frequently stand; walk; use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms.