Analyst II Operations
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that will serve as the engine that powers U.S. ecommerce and digital strategies. Peapod Digital Labs will accelerate growth in digital and personalization capabilities for the great local brands of Ahold Delhaize USA and will serve as the innovation lab for the U.S. portfolio of companies, driving digital and eCommerce innovation, technology and experience to meet the changing needs of customers of Ahold Delhaize USA’s local brands, regardless of when, where and how consumers choose to shop. Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
Architect the IT framework in partnership with Infrastructure, Business Systems and Analytics to develop and implement tools for Operations Leadership in order to gain valuable insights (in near real or real time) using current Data Warehouses, WMS Systems, Business Systems, Smart Mile and Customer Care in order to provide visibility to key performance issues related to Service and OpEx.
- Manage and maintain reporting for Operations; including standard KPI definitions, report structures, audiences, frequency, etc.… (over 200 reports currently).
- Prioritize and manage the backlog of systems requests to support projects, WMS/Business Systems enhancements and new reporting requests and/or changes.
- Facilitate bi-weekly reviews of the IT projects in progress, along with the backlog of requests awaiting bandwidth and sprint allocations.
- Create the end-to-end slotting playbook for both Central and Local Operations teams. Central team will create the strategy and methodology, including the item factors to drive efficient slotting. Local teams will execute the plans weekly.
- Coordinate a master calendar and schedule for (1) Ad hoc project to realign all slots across the network and (2) annual schedule to maintain slotting efficiencies.
- Monitor available slot/inventory capacity within each facility as key input to the slotting process.
- Monitor data integrity (e.g. item and case dimensions) in accordance with attributes that impact slotting.
- Integrate promotional planning process into the slotting strategy to support the high-volume needs on a weekly basis (e.g. weekly promo moves).
- Ensure slotting playbook is executed as designed and the local facilities adhere to the agreed upon process, guidelines and schedule.
- Support the continual analysis of Operations performance through assessment of Ops Dashboard and P&L to achieve optimal performance
- Set the benchmarks and targets across ecommerce operations to achieve highest levels of performance
- Lead the analysis and design of future fulfillment locations, including the projected demand and capacity across all ecommerce channels partnering with Network Capacity and S&OP team
- Establish fact based performance standards and insights to support the Operations Leadership teams achieve annual targets while focusing on the opportunities and solutions for operational challenges
- Support the development new ecommerce channels (Click and Collect, Same Day, Alcohol etc.)
- Provide analytical insights to project and report performance of KPIs to create actionable insights.
- Support the reporting requirements necessary to provide clear reporting metrics across all customer types (Consumer and Merchants) and delivery channels (Next Day, Same Day and C&C).
- Coordinate and consolidate Capital Budgets to support HSC Rollout and annual CapEx budget needs by facility (including Warehouse and Transportation)
- Ensure Investment Proposals are constructed in accordance with AUSA standard IP requirements including ability to track project performance against IP targets
- Manage Operational contracts in accordance with AUSA Legal standards
- Serve as the primary contact for any internal or external audit party (including FDA, Safety and AUSA Risk and Controls, Internal Audit)
- Stay abreast of new innovations and technologies that enable continuous improvement within the Peapod Operation.
- Utilize industry research and trade websites and forums to remain fluent with current trends with process, equipment and technology within Operations and Transportation.
− Leads and conducts detailed analysis and is capable of drawing conclusions with some support from manager.
− Primary focus on improvement initiatives and participate in strategic projects while developing/maintaining tactical slotting parameters
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-4 years
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt with proven track record of small-medium project success.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Access
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in retail
- Strong financial, quantitative and analytical abilities
- Systems oriented; Understanding of database applications
- Highly motivated, independent thinker
- Solid understanding of supply chain networks
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- Travel: 25-35%
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Strong Supervisory /leadership skills
- Process Development
- Oral and written communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Customer focus
- Attention to detail
- Negotiation skills
- Proficiency in SQL
Join Us at Our Table - PDL Life
Peapod Digital Labs is forward thinking company with a strong heritage and recognizes who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees that includes great choice of health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, generous and flexible paid time off, and great employee discount on your groceries. Oh yeah, and snacks & drinks of course!