VP of Marketing
Save time shopping for your family so you can spend more time being with them - a simple notion that inspired working mom Marie Tillman to found Mac & Mia.
Created out of necessity, Mac & Mia is an innovative new retail service that is saving busy parents hours of time by offering a remarkably easy way to personalize, build and accentuate their children's wardrobes. Our team has curated quality items from an offering of unique, specialty brands that are then hand-selected and delivered to your home – They will fit, feel, and look great on your little ones. Ultimately, we are removing all of the friction from traditional shopping channels, and replacing that friction with delight, discovery, and convenience.
About This Role
Mac & Mia is searching for an integrated marketing executive to lead our consumer-driven brand-building and marketing efforts. This growth marketing candidate will own the entire top of the funnel and will be charged with driving a results-oriented marketing strategy that positions Mac & Mia as the clear leader in its space. Responsibilities and ownership will include brand-building, customer segmentation, public relations, storytelling, digital marketing and customer loyalty. The candidate should have a broad skillset across quantitative and qualitative marketing disciplines and be able to create a strategy that effectively acquires and retains customers via organic and paid efforts – with strong emphasis on organic. Ideally, candidates will have creatively and effectively leveraged PR as a component of brand building and customer acquisition strategies.
This role will also function as a member of the leadership team. They will be a cultural carrier, strategic contributor and leader for Mac & Mia. Therefore, the candidate should possess experience building and managing a high-performance team that will run through walls for the company. They will also have the ability to collaborate across departments as to build and maintain strong relationships throughout the Mac & Mia organization.
CANDIDATES SHOULD APPLY FOR THE ROLE IF:
- They thrive in fast-paced, dynamic, high-growth business environments
- They are passionate about consumer-facing businesses and constantly seek ways to improve the customer journey and experience
- They believe in the value and importance of authentic storytelling and creating value-added organic content
- They can prioritize leveraging internal resources versus relying on external vendors and agencies
- They have entrepreneurial, start-up DNA and are passionate about building innovative consumer experiences and services
- They are strategic, yet have the agility and flexibility to roll up their sleeves to drive execution and deliver results
- They are a collaborator and leader with zero ego that wants to leave their legacy on a business and an industry
QUALIFICATIONS SHOULD INCLUDE:
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA is a plus although not a requirement
- 8+ years of consumer/digital marketing and strategy experience – start-up experience a plus
- Demonstrated effectiveness in acquiring and retaining customers in a digitally native business
- Proven effectiveness at driving content through a holistic Paid, Earned, Shared, Owned strategy
- Experience managing an effective CRM and loyalty program
- A reputation and track record as a creative, effective and resourceful digital marketer that has directly contributed to building brands and businesses
- Experience participating in or driving a strong PR strategy as a component of a comprehensive marketing effort