As a Technical Writer, you will write and illustrate product manuals and materials for different audiences, including end users, administrators, and developers. You will work closely with our developers, product managers, customer support and solutions engineering teams to ensure written materials serve our customers in the best possible way. In this role, you will have the opportunity to develop and leverage single-sourcing methodologies and help improve the infrastructure for developing high-quality documents. You will also act as a customer advocate by providing feedback to our internal teams related to product improvements.
- Write and edit interface and procedural documentation including user guides, installation guides, quick-reference guides, release notes, system administration and configuration guides, and help files.
- Develop basic graphics to illustrate material as needed.
- Interview subject matter experts to obtain ongoing details for projects.
- Validate deliverables for accuracy, readability, and usability.
- Develop skills associated with localization and translation.
- Assist with customer satisfaction issues.
- Review published materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, and content.
- Develop work plans for product documentation in an Agile software development environment
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Must have excellent written/verbal communication, listening, organizational, interpersonal, research, investigative, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear, concise manner, and willingness to pursue emerging technologies as needed for the organization.
- Strong MS Office skills including advanced knowledge of Word, experience with Snag-it or other graphic programs, and some html authoring.
- Ability to learn new software applications quickly as they are being developed.
- Communicate issues and status in a clear and timely manner.
- Manage internal relationships effectively.
- Manage multiple assignments in a fast-moving environment.
- Work effectively with a team.
- Think on one's feet.
- Capture, understand and communicate product feedback in a clear and timely manner.
- 2–5 years' experience writing and illustrating software documentation.
- Attention to detail and strong writing skills.
- Related college degree preferred.
- Experience writing software documentation in an Agile software development environment.
Who We Are:
Litera Microsystems is the leading provider of software for drafting, proofreading, comparing, repairing and cleaning documents in the legal and life sciences industries worldwide. Our core products empower users to generate, review, and distribute high-quality content quickly and securely, from any device. Today, Litera Microsystems supports thousands of document-intensive organizations across the globe, helping them satisfy the complex demands of clients and regulators.