Supervisor, Social Media Engagement
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are a people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand on the planet by building diverse teams who create delicious, feel good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy. Joining McDonald's means thinking big on a daily basis and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From bold recycling initiatives and sustainable sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we see every day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Our new, state-of-the art headquarters is located in the booming West Loop area in the heart of downtown Chicago. It is set up to be a global hub that fosters innovation: take a class at Hamburger University, sample future menu items in our Test Kitchen, and utilize the latest technology to stay in touch with your team around the globe. With monthly organized events, massive outdoor spaces, an 8000 square foot gym, and an onsite McDonald's serving international favorites, our office helps us connect with each other like never before. Needless to say, you’ll be lovin’ it here…
The supervisor of U.S. Social Engagement will report directly to the Marketing Manager, Social Engagement, and will support the manager in the strategy, development, and execution of breakthrough social content and influencer strategy for U.S. National marketing campaigns and initiatives.
The perfect supervisor understands the modern digital consumer and is passionate about translating that knowledge into fresh thinking that will push the brand in ways that help create groundbreaking and culturally relevant work that drives biz objectives and improves brand perception.
You will be part of the team responsible for redefining best in class social content at one of the biggest brands in the world. Be a self-motivated, teammate, who isn’t afraid to carve out new responsibilities and you will thrive.
• You will work directly with the Marketing Manager and broader Marketing team to support the strategy, development and execution of social media content for national marketing initiatives.
• You will participate in marketing program reviews to refine cross-functional strategy and creative executions.
• You are responsible for helping evolve the brand’s national presence on social, expansive of Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, YouTube and emerging platforms.
• Help manage influencer relationships and partnerships for one of the most talked about brands in the world.
• Provide real-time social content support and approvals for campaign and activations.
• Manage development and execution of branded custom content.
• Support the development, planning and execution of real-time, event marketing activations.
• Help steward agency partners to drive the production of breakthrough, best-in-class programs and work.
• Assist in the measurement and evaluation of programs in conjunction with media, consumer and business insights teams to apply key takeaways to future campaigns.
• Monitor market trends to find opportunities and generate creative ideas.
• Bring innovative ideas and recommendations to ensure the brand’s marketing remains modern, relevant and dynamic.
• You have 3 to 5 years of experience supporting development and execution of marketing plans and campaigns at advertising agencies or leading consumer retail brands.
• You have bring and deliver creative content strategy experience
• You're experienced leading and/or working on Multicultural campaigns
• Experience working in a fast-paced, real-time social media environment
• Demonstrated experience working on large scale influencer campaigns
• Experience building and executing content strategies for live activations a plus
• Strong skills in both written and verbal
• You have previous experience leading other agencies
• Working on content development for big brand campaigns a plus
• Your experience includes a Bachelor’s degree in related field required (Marketing, Communications, Business Administration preferred but not required)