Are you an insatiable learner that loves to dig through details, always seeking to find the best solutions? Sprout Social is looking for a SEO Strategist to join our acquisition marketing team. The acquisition marketing team is responsible for driving inbound trials and leads to our site through paid marketing and organic digital marketing channels. As a SEO Strategist, you will help develop and execute SEO and inbound marketing strategies. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to create compelling thought leadership content. You will work closely with other members of the acquisition team daily to ensure goals are met utilizing creative inbound tactics that drive organic search and referral traffic.
In your previous experience, you’ve been responsible for increasing SEO performance, performing technical SEO analysis and utilizing tools like Screaming Frog and Ahrefs as well as have proficient experience with Google Analytics or a similar Web Analytics platform and Google Search Console. Finally, this role requires someone with creative thinking skills to identify opportunities, analyze data and uncover actionable insights.
Sprout Social is used by more than 25,000 brands around the world. Companies like Evernote, Grubhub, West Elm and Edelman rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media.
Within 1 month, you’ll...
- Learn about and be trained on Sprout’s current SEO initiatives
- Meet with key partners in design and development to learn about the scope of their work and the various projects the SEO team has partnered with them to create, such as infographics, technical SEO initiatives, etc.
- Participate in weekly stand ups to discuss the progress of Marketing Ops team JIRA boards
- Meet with sales leaders to better understand their sales processes and how SEO can support their work.
- Get to know everyone on the acquisition marketing team and have a clear understanding of team goals and objectives.
Within 3 months, you’ll...
- Have a firm grasp on how demand generation impacts the sales funnel
- Report on daily SEO performance (SEO traffic, trials & leads and revenue)
- Effectively utilize SEO tools such as Screaming Frog and Ahrefs to identify site issues and/or opportunities
- Become familiar with Salesforce and how to pull reports on trials, leads, revenue and other customer segment data to identify actionable insights
Within 6 months you’ll…
- Conduct ongoing in-depth technical SEO analysis across all properties
- Partner with cross-functional teams to implement new technical SEO initiatives and fix site errors
- Perform on-page optimization tactics such as improving internal linking across the site and testing various meta tags to improve click-through rates and conversion rates
- Perform ongoing keyword research and develop content strategies around these insights
- Leverage Google Analytics & Google Search Console insights to identify optimization opportunities
Within 12 months you’ll…
- Proactively develop tactics and initiatives to improve lead generation to improve customer acquisition
- Consistently analyze and measure performance of site content to develop new initiatives to increase traffic and trials/leads
- Have a very strong understanding of the B2B SaaS model and the levers the SEO team can pull to drive performance
- Develop and execute on SEO strategies and tactics to improve organic search rankings, traffic
- Partner with the paid marketing team to develop cross-channel strategies to drive customer acquisition
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!