Senior Manager, Marketing Analytics
HAVI is a privately held global company that innovates, optimizes and drives the supply chains and marketing promotions of many of the best known brands in the world. When you work at HAVI, you have a chance to make your mark – to be a part of work that drives value, brings a smile and keeps everyday life moving forward. Which means it’s not the size of our global footprint, but rather your personal fingerprint, that has the power to make a real difference for our customers… and to touch the lives of people both at home and around the world.
Team lead of the US-based Global Marketing Analytics and Consulting Team .
Additionally, lead other specialists on a project basis and coach less senior roles in related teams and/or other areas of the world in marketing analytics-related topics.
Expert in marketing analytics solutions ranging from statistical analyses, to Machine Learning algorithms and visualization tools. Play a consultancy role for existing customers and new business contacts, in developing understanding of business questions and devising analytics solutions that help customers make better marketing decisions. Drive development and delivery of strategic initiatives which allow us to achieve our goals. Ownership of senior level internal and external customer/stakeholder relationships.
Oversight of local team’s day to day communications with
- Key customer stakeholders in multiple locations around the world across Marketing, Business Insights, Strategy and other disciplines.
- Day to day management and longer term career-path coaching of direct reports (4-6 FTE)
- Propose and implement improvements on the effectiveness of team structure, processes and projects on an ongoing basis
HAVI service lines, HAVI Logistics and The Marketing Store, as well as marketing agencies.
- Actively drive the development of direct reports by acquiring highly marketable skills.
Relationship management with core clients and other stakeholders
- Manage relationships with Marketing Analytics customers
- Manage clients’ expectations and foster a sense of transparency in the day to day business relationship
- Provide thought-leadership and consultancy which will help the Marketing clients drive forward their business
- Travel to internal and external stakeholders for face-to-face meetings when needed
- Build presentations which ‘speak’ to a Marketing Audience ‘telling the business insights story’ and allowing Marketing to make relevant and impactful business decisions
- Design and develop solutions (tools, dashboards, analyses) based on either the customer’s requests or proactively to drive value
- Proactively propose improvements to the above scope/content/efficiency/costs per changing business needs on an ongoing basis
- Proactively suggest and/or respond to requests to carry out ad hoc analysis in alignment with Client’s business priorities
- Collaborate with Client’s Business Insights department as well as HAVI’s Advanced Analytics Centre of Excellence to agree methodology and data sources for the above
- Collaborate in HAVI Strategic Process as Subject Matter Expert for Marketing Analytics Consulting
- Delivery against strategic initiatives
- Ensure that relevant information relating to strategies is filtered down through the team
- Develop and present proposals and Scope of Work docs
- Develop strong business cases to support internal and external sell-in of initiatives
- Create P&L documents for all new business opportunities, set a realistic pricing, and ensure a healthy profit margin on all deliverables.
- Be responsible for ensuring that finance team are equipped with necessary materials for timely invoicing of services to clients
Desired Skills & Experience
Master’s degree or higher in economics, statistics, applied mathematics, or any other quantitative social science
A marketing-oriented qualification or experience is required
- Around 6 to 8 years’ experience in the marketing analytics field (ideally within a business insights unit for a retail brand or with a specialized consultancy firm) and including at least 3 years’ experience leading a team of Analysts
Good knowledge of marketing and understanding of how to derive insights to optimize marketing activities/promotions (Marketing Agency collaboration will be a plus.)
- Team leader capable of managing a multicultural team and collaborating with overseas team members
- Strong consultative skill set
- Strong marketing analytics and data management skill set
- Advanced capability in using traditional analytics software such as (SAS, SQL, and Tableau, Power BI)
- Proficient in using open source analytics software such as Python and R
- Experience analysing and drawing insights from large datasets
- Experience with cloud computing technologies such as Azure or AWS is a plus
- Capable of understanding and leading complex statistical analyses and Machine Learning algorithms, to develop solutions internally or to leverage other resources (Advanced Analytics Centre of Excellence team)
- Capable of translating complex analytical concepts, methodologies, and insights to a non-analytics-oriented audience
- Capable of selling in analytical and data-driven concepts to internal and external stakeholders
- Able to support strategic discussions on the future of the team
- First rate communicator and presenter (fluent spoken and written English is paramount to the role)
- Excellent client-servicing skills – able to manage expectations and pre-empting difficult situations
- At ease with networking and relationship-building with many different stakeholders (marketing agencies, research partners, database team, marketing, insights and supply chain clients)
- At ease with business development and negotiation discussions with customers
- Financial acumen
- Self-starter capable of proactively proposing projects or solutions
- Ability to work under pressure within an international and multicultural working environment
- Strong team player with ability to motivate and stimulate teams to go the further mile
- Very good organizational and project management skills
Our total rewards philosophy integrates programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, corporate culture, corporate citizenship and work-life balance. While individual program components may differ by country, some things remain constant:
…our commitment to rewarding results
…the opportunity to work with talented and driven individuals at every level of our company who respect each other, treat each other fairly and hold one another accountable for our customers’—and our company’s success