Senior Manager, Global Customer Engagement
Are you a problem solver? Do you have a passion for building projects from the ground up?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
The Customer Engagement Senior Manager will play a critical role within the Global Services Organization as part of the Global Strategic Engagement & Growth team. This team is tasked with deepening customer engagement, lifetime value, and profitability of our customers. You will be responsible for leading the lifecycle management of consumers across all Operations touch points, including digital, email, phone and chat, to ensure that Groupon has a meaningful dialogue to deepen and grow the loyalty of our highest value customers. You partner with Data Science and Technology teams on the implementation and continued evolution of customer segmentation. Based on segmentation, they will develop, test, roll out and manage life cycle programs, including onboarding and retention, in order to maximize customer lifetime value and profitability. This person will also represent the customer segmentation and lifecycle perspective to influence how we evolve Operations policies, processes and technical capabilities for our customers (e.g. refund policies, deflection, channel mix, routing) across all operations channels. This role will report to the Director, Global Engagement & Growth and lead 2 direct reports.
Sound good so far?
You'll spend your time doing the following:
- You will be leading multiple, concurrent projects in a demanding and rapidly changing, global environment
- Developing deep understanding of our customers to identify opportunities and needs. Advocating on behalf of customers to create the optimal experience based on who they are.
- You will collaborate with marketing and data science teams to define lifecycle stages and segments as well as overarching treatment strategies and objectives
- Developing, testing, iterating and rolling out segmented life cycle and treatment strategies with the goal of deepening engagement and increasing lifetime value
- Integrating lifecycle and segment-based messaging into existing communications and creating new ones where needed
- Collaborating on how we use current and future expected consumer value to deliver value based treatments like goodwill credits, policy exceptions, upsell and cross-sell
- Partnering with technology and operations teams to define and develop routing, channel mix and other capabilities
- Collaborate with training and QA teams to define, assess and upskill agents and team leaders to deliver treatment strategies during interactions
- Forecasting, tracking and evaluating Key Performance Indicators and Return on Investment on all efforts for measurable lift in metrics. Developing/enhancing reporting and scorecards to evaluate overall lifecycle/segment performance.
- Managing and developing 2 direct report employees
We're excited about you if you have:
- 10+ years experience in strategy development, management consulting, program management, or related business process
- You have excellent project management skills and attention to detail
- Experience in creating and implementing large, innovative segmentation strategies in an operations environment (e.g. contact centers), achieving measurable results
- You are a self-starter and have bias for action; significant experience leading concurrent, cross-functional programs/projects: conceptualization, prioritization, driving alignment, managing deadlines and objectives, communicating progress and impact and delivering analysis and recommendations
- Sharp critical thinking and analytical capabilities with ability to translate quantitative & qualitative data/insights into initiatives focused on meeting the needs of the customer while achieving operational and financial objectives
- Natural ability to collaborate well with others across the organization and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, and highly fluid environment. Adept at managing through ambiguity and practicing judgment.
- Strong communicator who can engage at all levels of the organization providing the right understanding of initiatives to influence and drive buy-in
- Ability to balance operational and technical needs
- MBA or advanced degree in Business, Marketing or a related field strongly preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft and/or Google tools
- Able to travel up to 25% of time (domestic and international)
- Experience in International / Global companies and/or startup environment preferred
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our employee resource groups. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.