Senior Digital Marketing Manager
Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What is a Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Reporting to the Director of PR and Communications, the Sr. Digital Marketing Manager will lead digital marketing strategy with the supporting tasks of executing on email marketing, our website’s marketing performance (blog, SEO, non-partner landing pages, etc.), social media (paid and non-paid) and other creative digitally-driven strategies for increasing high-quality organic traffic.
The role will work in close collaboration with the Growth team on partner-specific distribution channels. Partnerships span the industries of insurance, financial services and automotive shopping with partnerships taking the form of referral, lead generation, and PPC.
What will you do?
- Schedule, execute, and optimize our Customer.io email marketing program with responsibility for: email copy creation, audience segmentation, list management, QA, testing, reporting, and optimization.
- Run our email marketing automation strategy to better support the acquisition and retention of customers while also ideating and testing new event-triggered journeys to support brand awareness and nurturing conversion/retention.
- Report on email’s impact and performance, working closely with the Growth Team to understand the nuances of the various lead sources and the appropriate email marketing approach.
- Work with the Marketing Designer to build, test and optimize new email templates and design.
- Recommend creative strategies for paid and non-paid social media campaigns in support of business goals.
- Create social media content and work with the Marketing Designer to create visuals to accompany the written content.
- Develop strategic paid social media advertising proposals that include: goals, campaign strategies, recommended tactics, budgets, and timelines.
- Manage the execution and ongoing optimization of all social advertising initiatives working closely with the Growth Team to report on metrics.
- Track, measure, and report on all initiatives bi-monthly, monitoring the effectiveness of campaigns and sharing results, insights and best practices
- Manage a variable social media budget month-to-month which includes managing forecasting, budgeting, and pacing, campaign build, and optimization.
Website & Blog Performance:
- Responsible for marketing performance of the website and blog from the perspective of optimizing pages, blog content and monitoring SEO performance.
- Work closely with the Director of PR and Communications to maintain an editorial calendar for the blog that supports and aligns with the themes and messaging on email and social media.
- Work with the Director of Brand Strategy and Marketing Designer to collaborate on visuals to accompany blog posts and increase engagement.
- Execute on uploading new blog posts using our website’s CMS system.
- Monitor and report on performance of the website and blog to optimize for increasing qualified organic traffic.
What do you need?
- You have 5+ years of IMC experience. You’ve run successful integrated marketing communications campaigns involving paid advertising, social media, and email.
- You have a big-picture mindset. You can envision how multiple marketing tactics work together to tell Clearcover’s story, convey our value props and encourage people to move through the car insurance buying journey.
- You have time management and communication skills. You’re able to prioritize multiple deadlines and deliverables at once while also being accountable for communicating progress internally.
- You’re organized. You have a system for keeping track of the work you create that makes it easy for anyone to understand where latest versions are and where to find previous iterations.
- You pay meticulous attention to details. You take pride in getting things exactly right, and you triple check your work before shipping it.
- You like feedback. You’re comfortable receiving, absorbing, and applying feedback in a thoughtful and timely manner.
- Extreme attention to detail, effective communication, and ability to self-manage.
- You have great relationship skills. You have the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with external vendors and partners.
- You live in Chicago. We have a flexible approach to working from home but we prefer that you live in the Chicagoland area for in-person collaboration.
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited vacation, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we've got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover 90% of your premium, 75% of your dependents and contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- While we don't match yet, our 401(K) is pretty slick
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
- and yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social