Senior Content Marketing Specialist
Hello, we’re Built In
Built In unites companies and people around their shared passion for tech and the universal need for purpose. To help our partners attract qualified talent, we create content that tells their story in a way no job post ever could — and we put their jobs in front of people who were born to do them. Our audience of sought-after candidates use Built In to find their professional purpose and connect meaningfully to the tech community, including by reading our content, networking at our events and applying to jobs at companies they believe in.
Headquartered in Chicago, we also serve Los Angeles, Colorado, Austin, New York, Boston and Seattle.
When you work for Built In, you have the opportunity to change lives by giving talented people access to purpose, not just a paycheck. And you’ll make an impact on some of the most exciting companies in tech, helping them hire their next wave of elite talent. Be part of Built In, and be part of the future of tech.
We're looking for a Senior Content Marketing Specialist
We’re looking for a versatile B2B marketer will the chops to produce content across a variety of formats without breaking a sweat. You’re as comfortable crafting content for an e-book or downloadable guide as you are working on a blog article or webinar.
You understand the technical side of a marketing funnel, and can create content that will keep prospects moving through it at lightning speed. You have no problem collaborating with other teams or putting your head down and crafting world-class content on your own.
Applicants must submit writing samples or a link to a digital portfolio with their application to be considered.
How you'll contribute:
- Concept and create lead generation content across a variety of formats (e.g., e-books, guides, webinars, landing pages, etc.).
- Concept and create content for lead nurture campaigns across a variety of formats (e.g., email, social media, etc.).
- Support your fellow content creators as a peer editor.
- Manage and optimize conversion funnels (e.g., third-party ads, landing pages, auto responder emails, etc.) to ensure performance aligns with the company’s objectives.
- Work with the content marketing team to develop and manage editorial calendars and ensure constant alignment with strategic objectives.
- Collaborate across numerous teams to uncover opportunities for the organization to establish authority on topics that matter to our customers and map to relevant solutions, features and benefits.
- Develop a robust understanding of the recruiting and technology industries as they relate to the business’ mission and objectives and remain up-to-date on trends and developments.
What you need
- 3+ years of professional experience producing long- and short-form content across numerous formats such as blog posts, e-books, email marketing, case studies, social media, webinars, byline articles, etc.
- Applicants must submit writing samples or a link to a digital portfolio with their application to be considered.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to establish credibility and trust across all levels of the organization.
- Excellent project management skills and understanding of how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced environment.
Impress us even more
- Email marketing experience is a big plus.
- An understanding of SEO best practices will help you stand out from the crowd.
- Experience with Google Analytics or similar tools.
What We Value
We’re revolutionizing tech recruitment. So we question everything, because the best answers sit just to the right of a question mark. That’s our heritage as a disruptive company — as a company whose future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose and urgency. If you join Built In, you will work from this set of values:
- Be Unreasonably Passionate. Our passion is borderline obsessive, and we’re ok with that. No one ever built anything great on a “meh.” We work with outsized passion to fulfill our mission.
- Be Humble. You don’t have all the answers. Luckily, you don’t have to. Don’t worry about being right. Be humble instead.
- Stay Curious. Curiosity is a springboard to the future. It can transform the wisp of an idea into a breakthrough. We ask “what if.” We work with wonder. It’s how we innovate.
- Lead with Solutions. Question everything. But offer solutions as you do. Raise issues. But propose a few answers. For every hole you poke, offer a way to patch it up.
- Own the Result. We have no time for blame or shame. When you stumble, own it, learn from it + get back to business.
- Do More. Do more than your job description. Take initiative. Take charge. No job is beneath you, and no job is too big. Be a leader and do more — do whatever it takes.
Built In is an equal employment opportunity employer and values diversity. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation,