Retail Marketing Manager, Specialty & Small Format
RX BAR: We manufacture, market and distribute better for you snacking products. The natural food space is crowded but our clean, quantifiable approach to product development and our branding stands out. Our unique, “No B.S” value proposition in a rapidly growing health food market has our company positioned for growth.
Retail Marketing Manager, Specialty and Small Format: The Retail Marketing Manager is responsible for bringing our brands to life in retail, specifically the Specialty and Small Format channels.
The ideal candidate is passionate about marketing, both end-consumer and retailer, and is looking to be part of an exciting, fast-paced, innovative company. This person loves collaborating and working with others. He /she is a strong executor with a bias for action, has a strategic mind-set, and is able to think creatively and out-of-the-box.
General Functions + Job Responsibilities:
- Drive execution and strategy of RXBAR in-store marketing initiatives across Specialty and Small Format channels, including Walgreens, CVS, C-Store, and Travel, delivering activation plans that span the entire shopper journey
- Develop and execute launch plans for RXBAR new product innovations
- Lead annual in-store marketing planning workshops with key customer partners
- Partner with Grocery and Mass Retail Marketing Manager to leverage national marketing initiatives in key customers
- Work with Design team to create and execute customer-specific asset requests
- Analyze marketing program performance and results and competitive frequency and activations to inform future strategy and executions and create a feedback loop for continuous improvement
- Leverage brand guidelines and partner with design team to define how our brands show up in retail everyday
- Work with Sales team to identify key time periods and opportunities to bring the brand to life in-store
- Partner with Brand, Field, Experiential and Marketing Commercialization Teams to create exciting consumer engagement events during major in-store activations
- Partner with Marketing Commercialization Managers to build comprehensive brand activation plan that supports our retail partners
- Understand the RX Leadership principles -- identify areas to lean in and areas to improve
- Partner closely with sales team, showing empathy and applying a customer-centric approach
- Ensure that culture is upheld at all levels throughout of the organization
- Live and reinforce entrepreneurial spirit – work to maintain the magic
- Apply design thinking approach to promote creative and efficient problem solving
- Provide feedback in real time, engaging in difficult conversations
- Be humble, by embracing failure, learning from other’s examples and showing appreciation for other departments within RX
Skills & Qualifications:
- Positive attitude, energetic, a thirst for knowledge, and an excitement for growing our business
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or marketing; MBA a plus
- 5-8 years’ post-bachelor’s degree or 1-3 years’ post MBA experience in marketing, sales, and/or agency in Food or CPG industry
- Experience working in shopper marketing or marketing brands in a retail environment. Experience with Drug or C-Store channels a plus
- Strong strategic backbone and analytical skills with a bias for action and execution
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize across many projects
- Genuine interest and passion in marketing, both end-consumer and retailer
- Team player with strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work in an ambiguous, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, with a proven ability to collaborate and influence in non-traditional organization structures
Total Rewards Package: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, 401K plan with Company match, cell phone & fitness membership reimbursement, subsidized commuter benefits, bike & helmet, unlimited RXBARs, RXBAR gear and invaluable experience growing a company.