Public Relations Specialist
About the Role
G2 Crowd’s PR team is looking for a PR Specialist in Chicago, San Francisco, (or remote for the right candidate) with a passion for creative storytelling to help us build a brand that everyone knows, loves and trusts. This person will work closely with the Senior Manager of Partnerships and Community and PR Manager to build and leverage close relationships with press and influencers to evangelize the G2 Crowd brand, mission, and movement in the market.
This role will manage the relationship with our PR agency and work in conjunction with our CMO, executive thought leaders, and key internal stakeholders to craft compelling narratives around company initiatives and design, communicate, and execute scalable communications strategies that drive impactful results.
- Craft and execute the PR strategy for product launches and announcement campaigns
together with the PR Manager and Senior Manager for Community and Partnerships
- Serve as the main media contact for G2 Crowd’s PR team, responding to inbound requests for quotes, speakers, and interviews and coordinating internal stakeholders
- Build and maintain relationships with key reporters across trade, vertical, and top-tier publications
- Respond to requests for G2 Crowd speakers and proactively pitch HubSpot spokespeople for speaking engagements
- Draft company press releases, news announcements, and blog posts
- Create templates and scalable strategies to enable our partners and customers to share their success with G2 Crowd and position our brand messages in a way that resonates
- Update and manage media lists and the team editorial calendar
- Report on the team’s progress on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
- Bachelor's degree with at least three years experience, preferably at an agency
- Experience leading media relations efforts, including creating media lists, crafting pitches, and building great relationships with reporters
- Strong organizational skills and a high attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multitask to manage a dynamic schedule
- Collaborative, personable, and comfortable interacting with senior leadership and different departments across the organization
- Experience with B2B or SaaS companies a plus
Why we love G2 Crowd
G2 Crowd was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. G2 Crowd is a place where people can be authentic and grow, find meaning and passion in work, and be motivated to succeed by a supportive group of coworkers. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where people can enjoy coming to work every day, by supporting our employees in their professional and personal lives.
We encourage all candidates to review our interview process to best prepare themselves on what to expect as a candidate of G2 Crowd.