Product Marketing Manager
As the Product Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for developing innovative internal and external messaging to support our expanded products and solutions’ go-to-market strategies across existing and new products to be integrated into our Content Experience Hub platform.
This individual will work closely with our Solutions Delivery, Marketing, Product Management, Product Development, and Commercial team leads to provide messaging, positioning, sales/marketing programs, and internal sales training tools to enable the Commercial team to exceed product revenue targets. The individual will be responsible for accelerating solution awareness and usage.
- Understand and document our buyer’s process, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Then drive changes to our sales and marketing processes based on what you learn.
- Gain insight into customer use of current products, untapped opportunities and buyer personas.
- Collaborate with product management and marketing to develop product positioning and messaging that resonate with our target buyer personas and differentiates us from the competiton.
- Maintain and manage competitive intelligence and comparisons by working with cross-functional stakeholders and executing self-lead research.
- Develop a launch and execution plan for the products you support in conjunction with our marketing and commercial teams, including key activities, revenue targets, and strategies to support the retention of existing clients and the acquisition of new clients.
- Communicate the value of new products and services to the entire commercial organization.
- Collaborate with marketing to understand the effectiveness of the programs that support our products on an ongoing basis, and report back to the business on required changes.
- Act as the primary thought leader and subject matter expert for the products you support externally, including speaking engagements, client support, and thought leadership collateral including webinars, commercial team trainings, blogs, or partnerships.
- Understand and support our Commercial team including training them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it.
- Assist sales on calls and meetings when appropriate to provide deeper dives into the product
- Use industry data to help product pricing in collaboration with Product and Commercial leads.
- Collaborate with team to produce product focused content such as case studies, videos, website copy, sales decks and slides, product positioning documents, and blog posts
- Develop product/solution sales training ( in collaboration with Corporate Training)
- Industry Relations – help develop and maintain positive relationships with key industry associations, groups and individuals.
- 5+ years of product marketing experience with at least 2 years of experience in a product management or marketing role
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is or isn’t working in the market
- Be a strong public speaker, comfortable in front of large or senior groups
- Have strong content writing skills.
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties.
- Willingness to accept feedback and adapt accordingly to support cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated team player with ability to shift between leading, following, guiding and executing projects and people.
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with attention to details
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills; creative thinker with a vision
- Power user of networking tools such as LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Comfortable using collaboration and CRM tools such as Teams, Slack, Aha!, JIRA and Salesforce.
- Familiar with marketing automation tools such as Pardot
- Proficient in productivity applications such as Microsoft Office, SharePoint, and other design applications.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.