Marketing Manager, Software
Morningstar is committed to helping investors meet their financial goals. One way we accomplish this is by offering independent research and great products to the financial community. We believe that when the investor wins, we all win.
Our Product Marketing team is critical to achieving this goal. We are looking for a Marketing Manager for our Software Product Marketing team who deeply understands financial advisors – how they run their businesses and how they can best serve their investor clients. This person can translate the sophisticated technical capabilities of our investment analysis software platforms into clear benefits for advisors and the clients they serve. You’ll be responsible for crafting, collaborating with cross-functional teams to execute, and optimizing multi-channel marketing campaigns to illustrate these benefits, drive demand, generate leads, and influence sales pipeline for our portfolio of software products. This role reports to the Head of Product Marketing, Software.
• Develop strategies and integrated programs to generate demand and leads for Morningstar’s Software products within key segments of the US Financial Advisor market
• Collaborate with marketing, product, sales, and support teams to design, execute, and optimize multi-channel marketing campaigns to drive customer acquisition for Morningstar Office Software and related modules
• Measure, analyze, and report on the success of product marketing programs weekly and quarterly with key stakeholders to identify opportunities to continuously improve our outcomes relative to our goals
• Partner closely with Product Management teams to develop comprehensive, integrated launch plans for new software products for US financial advisors
• Interact with clients in the development of testimonials and other materials to support integrated campaigns
• 3-8 years of successfully leading and collaborating with cross-functional teams to develop and execute multi-channel marketing programs across the following channels: webinars, outbound email campaigns, social media, PR/media, sales enablement, digital/websites, paid search/SEO, third-party events, etc.
• Must be data-driven and understand how to translate marketing metrics into opportunities for action
• Self-starter and passion for “doing the impossible;” committed to testing, learning, and iterating
• Experience writing for B2B buyers and software users in financial services
• Certifications and/or experience working in an Agile environment and using Jira, Eloqua, Adobe Experience Manager, Tableau, Google Analytics, On24, wikis, and Yammer
• Solid knowledge of financial services software landscape, a plus
• Previous experience partnering closely with sales teams and having accountability for influencing sales pipeline development, not just lead generation
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.