Marketing Events Manager
Showpad is the leading sales enablement platform for the modern seller. Showpad’s all-in-one platform empowers sales and marketing teams to engage buyers through industry-leading training and coaching software and innovative sales content and engagement solutions.
At Showpad, personalities and cultures connect across oceans to create something extraordinary. As a top 10 software company in the Inc. 5,000 Europe list, Showpad is changing the game when it comes to sales enablement. Our employees create the engagement and impact that drives our success as we expand globally.
In the morning, we’re drinking San Francisco cold brew coffee with a side of Portland doughnuts – English scones for afternoon tea, and in the evening we’re toasting success with Belgian tripel Westmalle to a Chicago house tune.
About this position
The Marketing Events Manager, based in Chicago, IL will report directly to the Director, Demand Generation and be responsible for two core event elements: Showpad’s day-to-day event strategy to support the demand generation goals and, the planning and execution of Showpad’s external, high profile Transform conference which takes place in Q4 each year.
- The demand generation event strategy includes marketing sponsored trade shows, thought leadership conferences and seminars as well as Showpad hosted roundtables and VIP gatherings and dinners.
- Transform is attended by customers, prospective customers, partners, analysts and employees and is the leading Sales Enablement Conference in Europe.
Key responsibilities as a Marketing Events Manager at Showpad
For the day-to-day event strategy you will:
- Devise and deliver an annual program of events (trade shows, conferences, seminars and Showpad hosted events) aligned with the business goals focusing on key target audiences and industries.
- Work with Sales Leadership to agree on key goals and marketing deliverables on the program.
- Execute each event through the development of a strategy and project plan and manage through to post event reporting and follow up.
- Track, monitor and report on return on investment and efficiency of each event so that these can be improved in the future.
- Understand which events target audiences will attend and how to best reach and interact with them in pre-event demand generation activities and post-event campaigns.
- Be responsible for Showpad hosted event attendance and record keeping through development and management of attendees and coordination of target lists and invitation process with the sales team.
- Handle staff and participant briefings and attendance at events to ensure those involved in delivery have clear roles, events run smoothly and are fully effective in achieving the agreed objectives.
- Develop good working relationship and establish good visibility for the event function with senior management.
- External networking to track the latest developments in events and hospitality and make recommendations for further event development.
For the Transform annual conference, you will take responsibility for the event’s core elements which may include but are not limited to:
- Agenda and schedule planning in conjunction with key Executive stakeholders from within the Showpad business
- Recruitment of keynotes, speakers and customer advocates in conjunction with the sales team and customer success teams
- All pre-event and onsite execution managing Showpad’s event management agency based in Belgium
- Managing the external event management agency through entire project
- Attendee registration and housing management
- General event logistics and transport
- Schedule management and staffing
- Partner sponsorship management
- Speaker housing and management
- Budget management
- Venue management
- External communications: management of event communication plans including dedicated event website, registration site, mobile event app, invitations and registration driving activities, social media etc.
- Internal communications: effectively communicate event plans to stakeholders and extended team on event progress, key milestones and action plans throughout the planning process.
- Compile post event reports and analysis: survey and analyse feedback from event attendees and stakeholders to ensure identified objectives are met
- Coordinate the Showpad Awards Ceremony process
- Develop presenter/speaker notes in conjunction with Showpad content team
Skills and Qualifications we are looking for
- 5-7 years experience and demonstrated success in event project management and logistics as well as conference production experience for 500+ attendee events
- Adaptability to successfully manage multiple, concurrent project demands within established timelines in a fast paced, rapid-growth environment
- Exceptionally detail-oriented and able to focus and perform accurately
- Able to work well under pressure and continually meet deadlines
- Proactive, resourceful, self-starter, comfortable working autonomously with a strong sense of urgency and work ethic
- Excellent team player with proactive, can do attitude. Comfortable working as part of a global team
- Proactively bring new innovative ideas and improved processes to the team for consideration - think differently and execute exceptionally
- Proven success in managing external vendors and suppliers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong influencing and diplomacy, comfortable liaising with senior stakeholders
- Excellent budget management skills
- Continually help to identify, propose and implement cost-savings opportunities
- Experience working in IT industry is considered an advantage
- Travel as related to key events in core regions
- Good computer skills required (at a minimum): Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint but knowledge of Google docs as well as a CRM advantageous
What you can expect from Showpad
Focus on Impact and Growth
We are building the future in sales and marketing where every sales person is successful. As an international scale-up, we aim for yearly double digit growth that opens many opportunities. We want people who thrive in a fast-paced, performance-driven company, who are not afraid to stretch themselves in a fun environment, and focus on impact and growth