Marketing Communications Specialist
We are looking for an experienced Marketing Communications professional in our Chicago, IL office. This person will have well-rounded experience in multiple areas of B2B marketing, including: branding, thought leadership, lead generation, marketing collateral, websites and other digital marketing tactics. Content development will be a major responsibility within this role so the ideal candidate will have a passion for writing.
- Strategize with marketing team members to develop lead generation campaigns and effective ways to attract new prospects.
- Become a subject matter expert on our industry, markets and technology as well as our buyer personas and their business issues.
- Create marketing collateral for new capabilities and services; update existing collateral as our messaging and/or offering changes.
- Develop compelling marketing assets in various forms – ebooks, guides, social media and community forum posts, webinars, video, emails, etc. – to be used in a variety of campaigns.
- Maintain our overall messaging platform and ensure communications are on-brand and consistent in terms of style; enhance our creative platform (with agency support).
- Collaborate with design agency to convey communications in a visually appealing way.
- Develop and execute a plan for regular content updates to our website.
- Support our SEO strategy on our website and in all marketing assets.
- Collaborate on strategies, themes, content and design for digital advertising campaigns.
Your Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience as a B2B marketer, ideally in technology and/or software industries
- Creative and exceptional writing combined with process and data-driven orientation.
- Ability to understand complex technology business solutions and translate them into market-facing content.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency with MS Office, Adobe Creative Cloud and Google Analytics.
- Adherence to and knowledge of AP Style
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS and hands-on experience with WordPress or other CMS a must; experience with marketing automation would be a bonus.
- Collaborative style and preference for team-based approach to work.
- Self-starter that can also work autonomously.
Please include a link to your portfolio with your application. Candidates will be required to complete a relevant writing assignment as part of the consideration process.
What we offer
We are offering a challenging and interesting opportunity with extensive responsibilities in a dynamic and fast growing company. Benefits include a generous 401(k) plan, flexible hours, health care, tax-free transit and more!
More about us
Founded in 2005, cleverbridge provides global subscription billing solutions that help companies build long-term customer relationships and grow recurring revenue streams. The core of our fast-growing technology company is our 300+ employees between offices in Cologne (Germany), Chicago, San Francisco, and Tokyo. Our diverse and talented workforce is passionate about our solutions and our clients’ success. We believe if you love what you do, you should love where you work. So we emphasize career progression, work-life balance, and a casual, contemporary work environment. We’ve been recognized for our workplace excellence, including being named a Great Place to Work in IT 2016, among other awards.