Marketing Associate - PR
Marketing Associate, PR
Why Join Livongo?
Our Work Truly Matters: 135 million Americans are suffering from chronic conditions. The associated costs are astronomical. Patients feel helpless, overwhelmed and confused.
The healthcare industry is desperate for change and Livongo is leading the revolution with Applied Health Signals™.We’re the first company to reinvent the healthcare experience for people with chronic conditions by turning large sets of data into actionable, personalized information, and delivering it at just the right moment to drive measurable behavior change. Applied Health Signals is a seamless experience that produces real clinical results.
Make an Impact: Top candidates are attracted to Livongo because they want their work to have impact. They want to accomplish something meaningful. Our innovations are making it easier for our members to stay healthy, with better information, personalized guidance, and less healthcare noise. Already serving more than 600 clients and over 100,000 members, Livongo is delivering unmatched clinical results, industry-leading member satisfaction, and demonstrated cost savings. In other words: yes, here you truly will make a difference.
Focus on PEOPLE: We take care of our members, our clients, and our employees, so success is guaranteed. We bring passion and excitement to the workplace, creating a fast-moving, collaborative and inspiring environment powered by smart, fun, passionate individuals with wildly diverse professional backgrounds.
Diversity and Inclusion: Without a doubt, our inclusive environment has made us stronger, as a team and as a company. Our employment decisions are based solely on the candidate’s strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to the candidate’s success in their new position. For more information, see our EEO statement below.
The Next Billion-Dollar Startup – Our growth and innovation to-date has been news-making. We are on the threshold of very big things. Right now. This is the time to join Livongo. Come help us achieve our mission to make a tangible difference, for real people.
Come join Livongo at a hugely exciting milestone time in our company history, as our growth rate goes through the roof. If you’re a marketing or PR professional looking to expand your career, this is your opportunity to provide meaningful contributions on a wide variety of intriguing, mission-critical projects.
In this role you can make a difference in the lives of others, while providing yourself with great personal growth and career development opportunities. This is a high-visibility marketing role, working closely with our CEO as well as our VP of Marketing in an innovative, diverse, collaborative, and lively environment.
We’re looking for a true go-getter with exceptional communication skills and the confidence and professional maturity to work productively with high-level executives. You’ll be supporting our executive communications as well as other B2B marketing and general PR efforts. If creativity, communications and diligence are part of your DNA, come talk to us ASAP!
- Take ownership of and optimize opportunity for all executive and thought-leader communications. Related duties include:
- Research and develop a database of events and speaking opportunities
- Manage Livongo’s speaking calendar
- Solicit and secure speaking engagements for Livongo’s CEO, Glen Tullman, and other Livongo thought-leaders
- Identify and communicate with Livongo partners, clients, and prospects who are attending speaking events
- Work closely with PR to prepare all Livongo speakers, as well as supporting materials
- Provide event and panel managers with Livongo-related information
- Ensure Livongo is highlighted in the media at every available opportunity
- Manage marketing and speaking events, coordinating details and materials
- Work with Sales to maximize impact of Livongo speaking events
- Identify key targets and invite them to events
- Provide Livongo speakers with a list of key client target at events
- Coordinate follow-up after events
- Support media outreach to select publications
- Develop and maintain relationships with key media personnel
- Actively promote Livongo thought-leaders, encouraging media personnel to write features on Livongo and Livongo personnel
- Recommend op-ed opportunities and support creation of op-ed pieces
- Field inbound press inquiries
- Provide creative and implementation support for a variety of B2B Marketing, PR, Product, or Client campaigns and events
- Manage Livongo’s award applications, both for the company as a whole, and for individuals within the company
- Develop and maintain a database of award opportunities
- Develop and maintain a collateral package for award applications
- Proactively apply for awards
- Support Livongo’s CEO on other critical projects:
- Organize and leverage contacts
- Manage CEO’s Marketing and PR-related correspondence and ensure follow-up
- Support fundraising efforts
- Develop 7wire social media and digital assets
- Support Ignite marketing
- Build excitement over Livongo advancements, both internally and externally
- 4-6 years’ experience in a Marketing or Public Relations role
- Experience with event support
- Exceptional communications skills
- The ability to build rapport and lead marketing discussions with executives and media personnel
- High level of professional maturity
- Strong sense of urgency and responsiveness
- Ambition and energy
- Keen business sense
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Extreme attention to detail, accuracy, and accountability
- A strong drive for flawless execution and delivery
- A natural tendency to create order from chaos
- The ability to thrive in an atmosphere of collaboration and teamwork
- Enthusiasm for delivering results in a fast-paced, fluid environment
- Passion for Livongo’s mission
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel and Powerpoint
- A Bachelor’s degree
Impress us even more:
- Strong corporate or agency PR experience
- Healthcare and/or diabetes experience
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.