Manager, US Digital CRM Marketing
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are a people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand on the planet by building diverse teams who create delicious, feel good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy. Joining McDonald's means thinking big on a daily basis and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From bold recycling initiatives and sustainable sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we see every day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Our new, state-of-the art headquarters is located in the booming West Loop area in the heart of downtown Chicago. It is set up to be a global hub that fosters innovation: take a class at Hamburger University, sample future menu items in our Test Kitchen, and utilize the latest technology to stay in touch with your team around the globe. With monthly organized events, massive outdoor spaces, an 8000 square foot gym, and an onsite McDonald's serving international favorites, our office helps us connect with each other like never before. Needless to say, you’ll be lovin’ it here
McDonald's is in the midst of an exciting digital transformation, quickly evolving to be the world leader in CRM for the digital era, keeping the customer in the center of everything we do. Being “Customer Obsessed” is the key driver to every decision we make, including building best in class customer centric omni-channel approaches, personalized touchpoints, and meaningful customer experiences. This includes new brand engagements, e-commerce, evolving service and experience models, and digital content capabilities. With the fast emerging digital environment and our Customers expecting more from us every day, this team is focused on innovation across the customer journey in and outside our restaurants, identifying the most meaningful opportunities for our customers, and developing capabilities to bring them to life. We do this in partnership and teamwork with our IT organization and markets around the world.
We’re looking for a passionate, talented and experienced CRM manager with deep subject matter expertise to become a strong contributing team member. We are seeking a person who is creative and customer obsessed, to develop and execute best in class CRM programs for our customers. The team will work in an entrepreneurial and strategic approach to push forward ideas, innovation, execution and culture, working cross-functionally within the market team, as well as with our Global team counterparts.
McDonald's is deeply committed to our customer focus and CRM/Digital innovation. We now sit at an exciting juncture where we are ready to drive our brand to new heights using, customer data, digital experience and engagement as essential ingredients.
The US CRM Marketing Manager will partner with various teams to develop next gen CRM strategy, capabilities and processes to deliver personalized, customer-centric marketing campaigns across multiple digital channels and touch points. They will spearhead campaign and communications strategies for assigned programs, execution and implementation of promotions while working with key stakeholders across the organization to develop and implement tailored and personalized E-Mail, Push, SMS, App, and additional marketing initiatives; such as Customer life-cycle marketing, cart abandonment, Loyalty program efforts, and data-mining. Reporting to the Director of CRM, this role will deliver and drive recommendations and enhancements to reach aggressive revenue goals and key performance indicators. The ideal candidate will be able to work in an agile environment to deliver results, while also helping to define strategy and plans for the next generation of CRM needs. The role requires a passion for customer data, developing measurable delivering results, a commitment to action-oriented analysis and a keen focus on the customer – both external and internal. The right candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, working across various marketing partners, IT, legal, and Finance.
• Provide thought leadership to develop and guide CRM strategy and drive development and deployment of relevant omni-channel CRM capabilities.
• Deliver recommendations and serve as a subject matter expert on CRM approach tools, marketplace trends, and CRM best practices to guide the CRM evolution across multiple customer touchpoints and channels.
• Partner with Consumer Insights and Business Analytics teams to identify and operationalize customer data, predictive models and campaign results for assigned campaigns.
• Leverage data to identify key insights to build segmentation and lifecycle marketing strategies and program ROI analysis requirements.
• Work with internal stakeholders to co-develop comprehensive contact management strategies across multiple digital touchpoints, such as email, push, SMS, App, website, Kiosk, Digital menu-boards.
• Segment and test our user database and A/B test various email campaigns and journeys to establish the most effective strategies to drive user engagement and/or customer lifetime value.
• Work closely with Digital media team to identify cross-channel opportunities to integrate Paid and Owned channels across relevant campaigns.
• Lead testing & learning agenda geared toward answering key questions that will guide the CRM roadmap; partner with cross-functional marketing teams to champion the continuous evolution of CRM capabilities.
• Partner with Digital product management to ensure solutions deliver the right outcomes for our marketing strategies; Work across Marketing, Technology, Operations, Customer Service and Product teams to build project requirements, as needed, for CRM development.
• Drive transformation of internal processes & tools to support the objective of marketing efficiency and optimization.
• Position CRM impacts and benefits to all key stakeholders effectively, including Franchise Owner/Operators.
• Help manage and provide direct for CRM agencies and support vendors, as appropriate
• Evangelize CRM capabilities to internal marketing teams and external vendors.
• 5+ years of work experience in CRM and implementing data-driven strategies and omni-channel programs
• Experience managing projects across a wide variety of functions (e.g., Technology, Product Marketing, Operations, Legal, Field Teams)
• Experience with customer data, measurement frameworks, and predictive analytics to optimize CRM programs.
• Strong leadership skills, coupled with excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills.
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects and deliver results, working both strategically and tactically.
• Strong strategy and analytics skills, with a solid understanding of success metrics.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, plus ability to clearly articulate and express complex and sometimes technical ideas to a wide variety of people and groups at any level.
• Highly self-motivated, including the ability to work independently and partner effectively with cross-functional teams to achieve desired business results.
• Must be a self-starter, creative thinker, and quick learner
• 4 year BA/BS degree in related field required, MBA preferred
• Retail experience is a plus
• Knowledge of mobile app eco-system