Digital Content Manager - Website Manager
Camelot Illinois has been selected by the State of Illinois to be the private manager for the Illinois Lottery. The company is restoring transparency, integrity and responsibility to the Illinois Lottery. In partnership with the State, Camelot will operate a modern lottery that truly benefits the people of Illinois. The company’s innovative approach places consumers and social responsibility at its core, providing funding for schools, capital projects and special causes. Camelot is committed to building an organization with the strength and experience to grow the lottery and reinforce its rightful position as a force for good.
Camelot Illinois is a subsidiary of Camelot Global, a leading technology and professional services provider to lotteries around the world. Camelot Global’s portfolio of work includes the Irish National Lottery, Loterie Romande, the California State Lottery, the Kentucky Lottery, the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery, among others.
Our sister company, Camelot UK, has operated the UK National Lottery since 1994. Camelot UK has an unrivaled track record for success, helping the UK National Lottery deliver over $80 billion to winners and $46 billion to good causes to date.
About the Team:
The Digital team is responsible for managing the Illinois Lottery Brand, Marketing and Games presence online and delivering sales growth and engagement through web, mobile, email and social channels.
The Digital Content Manager will manage the maintenance and development of all interactive content (including website and social media), using best practices to deliver the most efficient and effective solutions ensuring they meet business objectives and adhere to regulatory and editorial guidelines.
- Define content requirements for website developments, ensuring these are captured and implemented accurately.
- Define and develop editorial content calendars to meet agreed business requirements and schedules.
- Define, implement and document editorial processes and procedures to be followed in all content deliverables.
- Validate business requirements and creative executions affecting content deliveries.
- Provide content deliveries or support, as required by internal or external teams.
- Follow content procedures, guidelines and standards at all times. This includes responsible gaming, marketing code of conduct and compliance.
- Oversee the creation and sign-off of new content.
- Manage the timely resolution of content issues as they arise.
- Escalate license compliance issues to the regulation team.
- Identify and recommend improvements to process and content systems to minimise operational overheads and improve productivity.
- Maintain knowledge of industry, technological and product developments in the content field to drive benefis and operational efficiencies.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 5+ years of digital content management experience.
- The ability to create, edit and manage content across multiple interactive channels.
- Technical knowledge or high understanding of HTML and CSS.
- Experience using Adobe content management system preferred (AEM).
- Knowledge of W3C Web Accessibility Standards Levels and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) principles.
- Knowledge in the use of content management systems across interactive platforms, including social media platforms.
- Proven experience of Content Manager practices within a regulated market.
- Ability to solve complex technical problems, adding a new and innovative perspective on existing solutions.
WHY WORK FOR US
Camelot Illinois is building a transformative lottery company with world-class people, technology and operations. The Camelot values of being honest, creating together, keeping it simple and thinking long term are embedded in the design of our organization and our plans for Illinois.
- Be Honest: We do what we say, we keep our promises and we don’t rest until we’ve earned each other’s respect
- Create Together: The most effective solutions come from strong collaboration, a culture of innovation, shared goals and respect for everyone’s expertise.
- Keep It Simple: We keep things simple, direct and transparent so customers in particular always know where they stand.
- Think Long Term: We work with customers to build successful lotteries for the next generation, not just the next day.
We want people who thrive in a relaxed, autonomous, results-driven environment to join our company. We believe the way to attract and retain the best talent is to offer a fulfilling career in an organization committed to growing its own future leaders. Career Development is a top priority and we will partner with employees to grow and progress their professional skill sets.
Benefits and Employee Policies
We will bring our experience of working with European lotteries to Illinois. We will also bring a European influence to paid time off, family leave and so on. We have created a strong ethical culture which is translated to each of our employees and business dealings globally. We aim to offer a package of benefits and policies which will compete with any private sector employer in the state. We ensure that every employee is engaged and has the necessary support to understand and implement the responsible gaming principles in their job.
Moreover, we pledge to have the highest standards of respect, diversity and inclusion at our company and will support and encourage our partners to do the same.
Camelot Illinois is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.