Digital Communications Strategist
What We Do
Uptake is the premier Industrial AI company, providing a predictive analytics SaaS platform that empowers major industry leaders to optimize performance, reduce asset failures and enhance safety. At Uptake, we combine our strengths—machine learning, analytics, data visualization and software development—with the expertise of our industrial customers and partners. The result is enormous savings in development time and resources for every user of Uptake’s industrial applications and enterprise AI and IoT platform. In the end, we help solve our customers hardest problems, help them re-image their businesses in an AI-first world, ultimately capitalizing on the promise of the digital transformation.
What You'll Do:
Uptake is looking to bolster its growing digital practice by hiring a Digital Communications Strategist based in our Chicago headquarters. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience in communications, having specialized in social and digital media for several years. Agency experience preferred but not required.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of strategic communications and public affairs issues
- Draw on expertise when advising colleagues, acting as the driver on digital perspective
- Project manage digital program workflows and campaigns
- Manage quality control of digital assets
- Build strategies, launch, and manage paid media campaigns on key platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and other relevant platforms
- Translate campaign performance metrics into actionable, informative insights
- Navigate media and stakeholder landscapes to develop a database for of influencers that matter within an industry; manage & engage the influencer network
- Liaise between communications, marketing, design, and sales teams
- Write thoughtful, well-structured content that is conscious of both brand style and tone
- Express points of view thoughtfully with an ability to analyze and distil complex information
- Exhibit and exercise discretion
- Question and challenge constructively, and present unpopular ideas confidently
- Work collaboratively across all departments to support colleagues
- Share thoughtful and creative ideas across teams and functions
- Write or contribute to the preparation of strategic plans
- Develop broad based networks across media, advisory, influencer, industry analysts, and other communities
- Engage team members in a positive and productive manner; take an active interest in team members’ development and impart lessons learned
- Serve as a role model and mentor to team members; readily provide assistance and support
- Proactively assume additional responsibility
- Share networks openly, creating opportunities for colleagues to develop their own relationships
- 5+ years of experience in an advisory position; digital and social media expertise essential with experience in advertising and full funnel marketing
- Experience leveraging and measuring efforts on social media platforms to achieve business objectives, including LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and other new media
- Possesses base level knowledge of design, UX, A/B testing, and branding
- Working knowledge of digital tools including a monitoring/analytics system (e.g., Radian6, Sysomos, Sprinklr or Spredfast, Facebook and/or Google analytics)
- Exceptional research, writing, and communication skills
- Robust personal experience with social media a plus, but not required (e.g. a blog, Twitter account, etc.)
- Experience managing up and down on teams
- Ability to operate in a fast pace, client service environment
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Interest in financial and business issues
- Problem-solving skills and detail orientation
- Ability to exhibit discretion with confidential matters
- Experience with design programs preferred, but not required (e.g., Adobe, Photoshop, InDesign)
Why Work Here
Uptake is a values-driven organization, and we are excited about what we do. We’re flexible, honest, hardworking, and collaborative. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences together to solve tough, important problems. We support and challenge one another to bring out the best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way. We’re also proud to be one of Chicago’s best places to work in 2018 according to Forbes and Great Place to Work Institute.
We offer generous benefits including health, dental, vision, parental leave, 401K match, and unlimited vacation. We are lifelong learners, and our Uptake University program offers training and professional development on a wide variety of topics. We also have employee-led community groups including [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], and many more. Learn more at https://www.uptake.com/careers.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Uptake welcomes and encourages applications from all individuals, without regard to any prohibited ground of discrimination, including from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.