Digital Advertising Inventory Analyst
At tronc we are growing the digital analytics team to power the future of digital news and promote quality journalism. We’re looking for smart and talented analysts, who want to contribute to the future of journalism and fit into our culture of collaboration and innovation.
We're open to candidates in both Los Angeles and Chicago
As a digital advertising inventory analyst you will explore the data that powers the LA Times, Chicago Tribune, Baltimore Sun and 150 other publications servicing over 100 million visitors a month and provide insight. You will work closely with the market leads, audience development, product, editorial, ecommerce and engineering teams to enhance performance of our offerings. This role performs as the primary contact for our business stakeholders across our US markets and is responsible for evaluating the ongoing performance of our properties with a focus towards increased digital subscriptions, audience engagement and revenue optimization.
- Define, track, measure and analyze digital advertising inventory, delivery, revenue and site traffic from internal assets and 3rd party sources
- Formulate audience, inventory, and product analyses and provide actionable insights to stakeholders to help grow sales and optimize revenue
- Work closely with sales management to ensure they have the actionable digital information they need to optimize sales performance
- Utilize mathematical and analytic toolsets to analyze, interpret, and develop insights to predict and optimize performance of our digital offerings
- Responsible for formulating, gathering, evaluating, and aggregating results and building / designing actionable dashboards for stakeholders
- Help define standard KPI’s (key performance indicators) and measurements for those standards
- Help the digital analytics team formulate, document and complete test cases as needed and help with UAT (user acceptance testing), and perform QA (quality assurance) of web sites, mobile, tablet, and analytics standards
- BA/BS degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 4 years digital analytics experience working with web content and digital advertising data.
- Smarts, humility, creativity, and equal willingness to teach and learn
- Good understanding of web analytics (Omniture/Google Analytics)
- An expert understanding of Google DFP/DFPSales/DSM/XSM reporting
- Ability to learn and incorporate reporting tools and UIs from third party sources
- Ability to cleanse and normalize data from third party providers to analyze at business unit level
- Solid understanding of the digital ecosystem including but not limited to consumer, product, social, mobile, eCommerce, pricing, yield, advertising and revenue optimization methodologies
- Advanced Excel, SQL and/or other business/marketing analytic optimization tool sets required
- Familiarity with Tableau or similar type of BI tools
- A passion for evolving, seeing things in new ways and presenting data