Content Marketing Specialist
Launched in 2014, ShipBob is a tech-enabled fulfillment and logistics solution for growing e-commerce companies. Our goal is to alleviate the daily stress associated with picking, packaging and shipping so business owners can focus on more important aspects of their brand. Through our software and operations arm, we are on a mission to help businesses be successful online.
We pride ourselves on our inclusive and richly diverse company culture. All voices are heard regardless of tenure or job title. We are looking for creative problem solvers with a strong work ethic and ability to persevere.
We are looking for a self-motivated Content Marketing Specialist to join our marketing team! Responsibilities include conducting thorough research on industry-related topics, generating new content types, and proofreading articles before publication. You will deliver quality writing pieces that appeal to our audience, attract potential customers, and boost brand awareness. If you’re an excellent writer, enjoy producing online content, and have an eye for detail, apply today!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create concise, eye-catching, and educational content that established ShipBob as a trusted thought leader in the industry (both onsite and offsite)
- Write on a wide variety of topics for multiple content types (website, blog articles, interviews, social updates, emails, case studies, eBooks, white papers, etc.)
- Proofread and copy edit for brand voice/tone for both internal and external writers (including blog posts before publication, emails to customers, etc.)
- Help create sales collateral (one pagers, product and feature overviews, company overview, co-branded with partners or integrations)
- Ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, images and tone) across ShipBob
- Help edit in-app copy, product documentation, and support articles
- Adhere to SEO best practices and increase organic web traffic
- Work closely with Sales to make sure they have the right content to connect with leads from different industries, companies of different sizes, with different issues/concerns
- Brainstorm and collaborate with the team for new ideas and strategies
- Oversee our social media presence, including posting content to engage and grow our following and responding to inquiries
- Stay up-to-date with changes in all social platforms to ensure maximum effectiveness
- Research audience preferences and discover current trends
- Assist with PR, reputation management, event, and demand gen initiatives to get cross-functional experience across the entire Marketing team
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Marketing, Business, or a related field
- 1 to 3 years’ proven experience as a Content Marketer or similar role
- Portfolio of published articles
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Familiarity with SEO, its role, and importance
- Creative thinker and planner
- Ability to produce content across multiple platforms and to deliver both long-form and short-form content
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Expertise in multiple social media platforms, including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Past experience with WordPress
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Extensive knowledge of logistics and/or e-commerce preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.