Content Marketing Specialist
ActiveCampaign is a marketing automation, email, and CRM platform built for growing businesses. As one of the fastest-growing tech companies in Chicago, we serve our 60,000+ users (mostly small businesses) by helping them make meaningful connections with their customers.
As a Content Marketing Specialist, you’ll create high-quality content and case studies for the ActiveCampaign blog, as well as contribute to keyword research and other content distribution.
The ideal candidate has outstanding writing skills, experience with business writing, and a desire to learn about content-focused SEO, measurement, and “conversion” copywriting.
What your day could consist of:
- Writing long-form content and case studies to grow traffic to the ActiveCampaign blog
- Creating content in a style and tone that appeals to a small business audience—and gives them the advice they need to grow their businesses
- Learning about “conversion” copywriting and keyword research, then using that knowledge to improve your content and update previously published content
- Working to repurpose content as lead magnets in multiple formats, contributing to top-of-funnel lead generation
- Familiarizing yourself with the product, target audience, and competitor activities in the market
- Seeing the impact of your work (by tracking content performance in Google Analytics and other tools)
What is needed:
- 2–5 years of content marketing experience, preferably targeting a small business audience
- Excellent writing skills are a must. You should be able to find the “big idea” of a story and tell it well
- Familiarity with content marketing measurement tools (Google Analytics, Search Console)
- Understanding of SEO fundamentals
- Personal interest in email marketing, marketing and sales automation, and business growth
We continually invest in our employees and offer comprehensive benefits including 100% coverage of your medical premiums and 50% for dependents, open vacation policy, fully paid maternity and paternity leave, 401k matching, catered lunches every day in a kitchen stocked with snacks and fresh fruit, free CTA or Metra passes, and a DIVVY bike membership (to name a few).
At ActiveCampaign, we are committed to maintaining a culture that is inclusive and diverse. Our colleagues foster an environment that is warm, supportive, and helpful where we treat each other exceptionally well. We are looking to add curious, driven, and creative individuals to our team who are ready to grow with us!
Read Full Job Description