Content Marketing Specialist
About G2 Crowd
G2 Crowd’s real-time and unbiased user reviews help you objectively assess what is best for your business. Until recently, selecting business solutions was hard, risky, and inherently biased. G2 Crowd empowers business buying decisions by highlighting the voice of the customer. Our review platform leverages more than 500,000 independent and authenticated user reviews read by nearly 1.4 million buyers each month. Our model brings transparency to B2B buying - changing the way decisions are made.
About the Role
G2 Crowd is looking for a savvy and smart wordsmith to join our content marketing team. The Content Marketing Specialist will be responsible for adding to the content marketing team through writing long-form content, bringing their understanding of the business and marketing industries, and creating content to achieve business goals. This person will ideally have a basic understanding of SEO and content optimization with a desire and willingness to stay up-to-date on best practices.
- Research an in-depth content topic and be able to create an ‘ultimate guide’ or a pillar page. Learn more about pillar pages here.
- Starting with a pillar topic, build out a comprehensive topic cluster to help our audience (and Google) recognize G2 as an authority in a given space. Learn more about topic clusters here.
- Efficiently research, produce, and publish multiple articles a week; independently manage your writing process from start to finish.
- Optimize content for search engines and lead generation purposes; stay up-to-date on SEO and on-page optimization best practices.
- Contribute, as needed, to long-form content projects such as lead-gated content such as ebooks, webinars, and more.
- Conduct analytical projects to improve content marketing and blogging strategies/tactics.
- Regularly promote your content on a variety of social media platforms.
- A passion for and a strong understanding of the industry and our business’ mission.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our business’ various types of content.
- An analytical mind and interest in using data to optimize/scale content marketing strategies and tactics.
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines.
- Understanding of content management systems, HubSpot preferred.
- 1-3 years of marketing and content creation experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, or journalism.
Why we love G2 Crowd
G2 Crowd was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. G2 Crowd is a place where people can be authentic and grow, find meaning and passion in work, and be motivated to succeed by a supportive group of co-workers. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where people can enjoy coming to work every day, by supporting our employees in their professional and personal lives.
We encourage all candidates to review our interview process to best prepare themselves on what to expect as a candidate of G2 Crowd.