Browse the Aisles
At Peapod Digital Labs, we're looking for a Communications Specialist to join our team in Chicago, IL to execute on communications strategies that support the mission, plans and strategic goals of the company. The scope of communications work would stretch across internal communications channels, including: communication plans, newsletters, news releases and promotional materials that convey the organization’s internal and external messages in a timely and impactful way.
As the Communications Specialist, you will develop and execute communication plans (goals, campaigns, tactics, measurement, etc.), track measurement, and support the planning and execution of company-wide events or initiatives. You’ll help advance our communications strategy, always looking to improve channels of communication to reach the target audience.
We’re looking for a word nerd. Someone who loves to write and will find the voice of a new but growing company. This candidate is someone who is inventive and resourceful. Someone who gets excited about contributing to the creative process and finding the stories and engagements that will further our organization’s strategy. You’ll need to be flexible, willing to change course quickly and perform in high-stress situations. This candidate is confident and clear in presenting a message, positive, persuasive, collaborative and (perhaps most importantly) has a sense of humor.
Peapod Digital Labs is growing quickly, and we need someone to help us bring our voice and our stories to life. Come be a part of the world of eCommerce and help us engage our employees and advocates.
What’s our Dish - About Us
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that will serve as the engine that powers U.S. ecommerce and digital strategies. Peapod Digital Labs will accelerate growth in digital and personalization capabilities for the great local brands of Ahold Delhaize USA and will serve as the innovation lab for the U.S. portfolio of companies, driving digital and eCommerce innovation, technology and experience to meet the changing needs of customers of Ahold Delhaize USA’s local brands, regardless of when, where and how consumers choose to shop. Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Collaborate with business partners to create internal and external communications plans, strategies and tactics for company initiatives and programs.
- Draft communications (including emails, PowerPoint Presentations, video scripts, blogs and articles) in support of business strategies or priorities
- Manage logistics and details in support of team’s projects, including scheduling and scouting locations for video shoots, scheduling meetings and sourcing images
- Help plan and execute tactics in support of company-wide meetings and events
- Oversee editorial calendar and process for multimedia content, editorial calendar, etc.
- Responsible for company’s social media channels, including Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Use data to measure the success of events and communications, and make recommendations on how to improve communications in the future
- Stay informed with best practices in executive communications from inside or outside the company and bring new approaches to the team
- Flex to support executive communications projects across the team as needed
The Essentials in Your Cart - The required ingredients
- 1-3 years of professional experience working in a communications role with a corporation or agency
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, PR or Journalism preferred
- Excellent writer with proven success in a variety of formats
- Ability to distill complex information into clear, concise messaging
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to consistently deliver within established deadlines while prioritizing, multi-tasking and advancing several projects simultaneously
- Familiarity with innovative, creative or structured communication processes.
- Able to take concepts, ideas and strategies and create written material and/or presentations
Join Us at Our Table - PDL Life
Peapod Digital Labs is forward thinking company with a strong heritage and recognizes who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees that includes great choice of health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, generous and flexible paid time off, and great employee discount on your groceries. Oh yeah, and snacks & drinks of course!
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.