- ing, and logistical execution of all events.
- Conceptualize, manage and implement strategies for event sales and sponsorship.
- Oversee timely delivery of projects and materials ensuring fiscally responsible development and execution, with appropriate accountability and oversight of Events team on all projects.
- Work closely with Advertising to ensure awareness of event opportunities for new and existing clients.
- Partner with News to integrate content into event programming where applicable.
- Manage day to day responsibilities of any assigned direct reports to ensure highest level of efficiencies and productivity.
- Four-year college degree with emphasis on marketing, business or communication or equivalent.
- Senior leadership experience in conceptualizing and producing events.
- Full spectrum of event management capabilities from strategy to execution.
- Excellent budget management skills.
- Strong ability to understand and partner with other departments and leaders including Advertising, News and Marketing.
tronc, Inc. (NASDAQ:TRNC) is a media company rooted in award-winning journalism. Headquartered in Chicago, tronc operates newsrooms in nine markets with titles including the Chicago Tribune, Los Angeles Times, The Baltimore Sun, Orlando Sentinel, South Florida's Sun-Sentinel, Newport News, Virginia’s Daily Press, Allentown, Pennsylvania's The Morning Call, Hartford Courant, and The San Diego Union-Tribune. Our legacy of brands has earned a combined 94 Pulitzer Prizes and is committed to informing, inspiring and engaging local communities.
Our brands create and distribute content across our media portfolio, offering integrated marketing, media, and business services to consumers and advertisers, including digital solutions and advertising opportunities.
We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique skills that each person brings to the company. We believe in fostering growth, learning new skills, and making sure every team member feels valued. If you think you'd be a great fit here, we'd love for you to apply!