Senior Contracts Manager
Sphera is a leading global provider of enterprise software and services that enables companies to manage and optimize their environmental, health, safety and sustainability. Our mission is to create a safer, more sustainable and productive world.
We are a portfolio company of Genstar Capital, a leading middle-market private equity firm focused on investments in targeted segments of the software, industrial technology, financial services and healthcare industries. We operate like a start-up tech company but have over $100 million in annual revenue, with more than 3,000 customers, and operate in 70+ countries.
We are guided by our core values of Customer Centricity, Accountability, Bias to Action, Innovation, and Collaboration. These values help us recruit the right talent to join our rapidly expanding team of nearly 700 Spherions around the globe. It is important to us that each and every Spherion is not only eager to challenge themselves and knows how to get work done but is an awesome addition to our company culture.
Reporting to the Director, Contracts, the Sr Contracts Manager provides front line legal support to Sphera’s sales and services teams. The incumbent will be primarily responsible for supporting transactions for the sale and support of Sphera products and services. They will also;
- Advise, draft and negotiate agreements and ordering documents for B2B information and web-based products and services, including data, software, SaaS, professional services, and consulting and non-disclosure agreements.
- Advise and work with business to draft, review, negotiate, and process a variety of agreements and ordering documents; typically manages requested changes of high frequency and/or high complexity.
- Assist with leading activities with Sales, Services and Legal team management.
- Gain familiarity with contract processes and procedures and works to find ways to improve those processes and procedures.
- Initiate and execute special projects and other responsibilities as needed.
- 7-10 years of experience drafting complex commercial agreements and negotiating
complex software or SaaS deals.
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to respond promptly to requests for support and to manage turnaround expectations.
- Prior in-house contract experience preferred.
- Paralegal or other credentials are desirable, but not required.
- Ability to physically perform general office requirements.
- Occasional travel including overnight domestic or international trips may be required.
Sphera is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.