About The Opportunity
Got a taste for something new?
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 85,000 restaurants and over 15.6 million active diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
We're looking to hire a Paralegal to join our team in Chicago. In this role, you'll have the ability to manage projects independently, work efficiently and work in a team-oriented, fast paced environment.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Prepare section 16 filings and assist with other SEC filings.
- Prepare board resolutions and maintain minute and board books.
- Assist with litigation including coordinating document production and litigation holds.
- Facilitate the collection of information from teams across the company, review documents and transmit information to outside counsel with minimal guidance.
- Legal research and preparation of agreements, including coordinating approvals and signatures of documents.
- Assist with IP portfolios.
- Assist in the administration of the company's equity incentive plans, including communicating with participants.
- Review and assist attorneys with the editing of legal documents, including NDAs, letters and various agreements.
- Assist with special projects, including summarizing contract terms and assisting legal team with ongoing compliance efforts.
- Must have the ability to manage projects independently, work efficiently and work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
You Should Have
- At least 3 years of experience in related field
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience preparing section 16 filings and/or other SEC filings
- Litigation experience
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more!
- Company-Wide initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.